Join now - be part of our community!

hdr video

profile.country.RO.title
vldpopi
Explorer

hdr video

i have an sony kd-43xe7005. i found Hdr movies on netflix ( my tv is set on custom ) if i play Mindhunters witch is hdr automatically it goes to hdr video scene mode from custom... but hdr video mode looks yellowish a lot ( maybe cos color mode is set to expert 1 and not to neutral like i have been set on custom mode ) but strangely not all hdr movies goes automatically to hdr mode scene ... Black Mirror doesn't and it remain on custom mode. anyway most of them does. why's that happens kinda randomly with same kind of format ? and second thing it seems odd is that from hdr scene mode is no way going back to custom mode if the movie is hdr unless i change the movie ( to 4k or Hd )   

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi vldpopi

Have you checked the input settings for your external devices? It may be worth experimenting with this for the various sources to see if they're the same.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.RO.title
vldpopi
Explorer

hi Mick,

i dont have any externally devices. only netflix via wifi local network. 

profile.country.SE.title
Storakorno
Explorer

I have exacly the same problem! Why? Anybody? I have it for example when I play Ozark but not when I play Better call Saul. And its exacly the same and the diffence is Ozark has "HDR-Movie" which is darker and yellow and Better call Saul is not which has "day light". I have a 2015 KD-65X85