Join now - be part of our community!

Help audio issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
ollie86rn
Visitor

Help audio issues

Hello all,

Background info first, I have recently brought a new 40hx853 and have been blow away except one small issue which i will explain shortly. I have connected this to my LG HX976TZW home theatre system as i play all my audio through this system rather than the tv speakers.

Firstly the home theater system is connected to the tv via hdmi 1.4 and optical, now firstly i thought you can use the hdmi with arc spec so you dont have to use the optical lead but if i remove it there is no audio present. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Now for the fault, when watching digital tv through the tv itself i am experiencing a delay till audio starts from the program showing. For example on adverts, there is about a 2 second gap before audio commences and this happens with each new advert shown. It is not only adverts but programmes themselves, it happens just at the start of it showing not during it.

But when watching a film on the home theater system this fault does not seem to be present or when using a console, strange!

Does anyone have any thought on this as im at the limit of what i know now and its frustrating me beyond belief as i cant fix it.

Thanks in advance

Ollie

0 REPLIES 0