Join now - be part of our community!

Help, Updated software on TV and it broke instantly

profile.country.GB.title
WEASY-WOO
Explorer

Help, Updated software on TV and it broke instantly

I updated the software after a prompt saying 1 was available and the TV just went to a completely black screen and won't turn off at all. I've tried everything and i'm getting very frustrated. Nothing responds from the remote, the light blinks when i press buttons (but not when i press on/off button). This is the 2nd time in 8 months that i have had a bust TV and it was brand spanking new when purchased them 8 months ago. Sony is terrible for customer service when things go wrong which is annoying because i have always supported them and purchased Sony products when available. Live chat help is needed, i'm left in limbo now and my TV is still under warranty 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
LeighIreland
Explorer

Same thing happened to my KD-49XE7002 yesterday. It's really frustrating 😤 I've only had it for 6 months! And has already had a new mother board fitted too

profile.country.GB.title
WEASY-WOO
Explorer

This is the second major fix I've had as well so trust me I know what you
are going through. At this point I am really fed up and feel truly abused
and abandoned by Sony.
Call me crazy, but updates from Sony shouldn't completely bust your system.
profile.country.GB.title
LeighIreland
Explorer

I couldn't agree more! I've been a loyal Sony customer for longer than I can remember too

profile.country.GB.title
WEASY-WOO
Explorer

Got an update of the problem, well solution. SonysS engineer has been today and it's the main board that is knackered and needs a new one. HesH coming back when he has the part. 

I think it's diabolical to be honest, when an update for your device just immobilises it and breaks the brain. Absolutely disgusting. 

profile.country.GB.title
LeighIreland
Explorer

Thanks for the info. I've finally had a response. They are sending out an engineer. I've already had the mother board replaced only 3 months ago! Your right it's diabolical and down right disgusting!

profile.country.GB.title
LeighIreland
Explorer

Hello again. Had a new motherboard fitted on Saturday. Everything was working fine till this morning. It's gone back to how it was before the replacement. I'm very disappointed 😞 with Sony. Down right disgusting