Join now - be part of our community!

Home button not working

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Hamsterlord
Explorer

Home button not working

Yesterday I bought a brand new Sony Bravia 49" XE7002 from currys. I love the TV however I have an annoying issue.

When watching Sly Q through the HDMI channel, If I press " HOME " to switch to an app nothing happens. To get to the home menu I have to go on to Digital TV then on to apps. While not major it is annoying. Is there a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Hamsterlord and welcome to the community,

It sounds like this could be related to Bravia Sync/CEC - so when you press the Home button, it's actually controlling the SkyQ receiver and not the TV (therefore nothing happens).

You could try to turn off Bravia Sync on your TV and CEC on Sky Q to see if that makes any difference?

Cheers,

C

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Hamsterlord and welcome to the community,

It sounds like this could be related to Bravia Sync/CEC - so when you press the Home button, it's actually controlling the SkyQ receiver and not the TV (therefore nothing happens).

You could try to turn off Bravia Sync on your TV and CEC on Sky Q to see if that makes any difference?

Cheers,

C

profile.country.GB.title
Hamsterlord
Explorer

fixed it thank you.:) 

No to just get a decent browser installed instead of this crappy opera.

Chnewent
Explorer

Just tried to get YouTube working through HOME button but nothing appears.

Did firmware update check and I have the latest at 21.10.2018.

Turned TV totally off, then On again and reset connection to my modem and all responds okay.

Others seem to be experiencing similar problems.

Any help would be appreciated as Kids on half term visits this week and like YouTube Kids thru the 40in TV.