Join now - be part of our community!

Homestream on Mac OSX - Java Update 1.6.0_43-Apple Inc.

profile.country.en_GB.title
felixi1
Visitor

Homestream on Mac OSX - Java Update 1.6.0_43-Apple Inc.

Hi all, i'm experiencing an issue when using homestream to stream from my Mac OS X to my Bravia TV KDLHX750. Homestream was working well this morning and suddenly the TV is unable to see the server even though Homestream is turned on.

After looking at the log file, i noticed that the Java version between this morning and now has changed from

2013-04-21 10:02:49,356 INFO [MediaServer] Java 1.6.0_43-Apple Inc.

to

2013-04-21 22:00:26,296 INFO [MediaServer] Java 1.6.0_45-Apple Inc.

and since then, the following messages appear:

2013-04-21 22:00:28,683 WARN [RendererSearchSender] Search for Renderers using interface en0 (en0) failed: Can't assign requested address

2013-04-21 22:00:28,759 WARN [DiscoveryAdvertisementNotifier] Could not advertise the device on any available NIC, will try again

etc...

Has anyone experienced this and found a workaround?

Thanks in advance for assisting.

Regards,

Felix

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Hmm, thats an odd one - we have a new version of Homestream literally in the starting blocks due for release shortly, so this may resolve the issue. Have you tried rebooting the Mac anyway, just to check if that fixes it?

thanks

felixi1
Visitor

yea rebooted mac and tv several times then decided to install serviio. has been working fine since, still have the "cant assign requested address message" but not the "could not advertise.."

looking forward to see the new version of homestream!

cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just browsing other forums, and found this issue

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16638

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Media/PS3MS-MAC-users-do-not-upgrade-JAVA-Via-S...

Its not just Homestream that is affected. Unfortunatley I dont have time to read all the ins and outs, but thought you might want to instead :laughing:

Cheers

Message was edited by: Quinnicus

felixi1
Visitor

Thanks Quinnicus, much appreciated. Had seen other complaining about the same issue on other forum but dont want to follow the same steps (rollback java). Security is higher in priority, especially since the alternative exists.

Cheers.