Join now - be part of our community!

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

Dear HomeStream users,

Thanks for your interest in HomeStream!

Sorry, but the HomeStream software is no longer being updated and is no longer available to download from this site.

Any Versions you may have previously downloaded should continue to work as before, so please continue to share any feedback, questions or comments you have on those Versions.

You can find out more information on the past versions of Homestream in the post and discussions below.

Thanks again for your interest,

Your Sony team

Original post:

Very simply, if you've struggled with sharing photos music and movies from your Mac or PC with your connected Sony device, this software will make it much easier. Built on the tried and tested Serviio platform, the software has been optimised and tweaked to work with Sony hardware, including BRAVIA, PS3, Blu-ray players.

Changelog

V1.0 - Launch version

V1.1 - Amended installation process to make it clearer.

Added support for photos editied in Photoshop at full quality - YCbCr 4:4:4 which isn't natively support.

56 REPLIES 56
profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

What a good piece of software ! :dizzy: :heart_eyes:

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Well it certainly improves the annoying format limitations on the video part :smileylove:, BUT it doesn't help any on the picture part.:smileysad: 

Catmambo
Contributor

Your referring to the YCbCr4:4:4 limitation right? Actually looking at fixing this via Homestream at the moment, so whilst the TV can't cope natively, you'd still be able to display edited photos via Homestream.

Will let you know how we get on. Fingers crossed.

Thanks

Bernie-the-Bolt

Hi

To send information to my TV does the PC need to be hard wired, or can I send information via wi-fi, to my router? Serviio needs a hard wired connection. Your Homestream webpage implies wi-fi capabilities.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

I don't think Serviio mandates Ethernet, just recommends it for a better experience, and especially for HD video or anything like that.

Thanks

Bernie-the-Bolt

Hi

I can assure you, then, that only ethernet will do. My thread here https://www.sony.ie/discussions/thread/141156

refers (and I have had many hours trying all ways). All routers need to be hard wired unless, of course, a member of the Great British Public knows different! Still Serviio (sorry, Homestream!) does now stream ITV programmes from ITV Player so it should keep a few people happy, even if this isn't a direct Bravia TV app.

Regards

buseng
New

What a load of tosh!   I installed Homestream but when I tried running it, Norton anti-virus blocked it as a security risk & removed it!

Bernie-the-Bolt

I would suggest looking at your Norton Anti-virus settings!!!! I use AVG which is both free and has given me no problems whatsoever with software setting up.

Regards

buseng
New

NAV is running on the default settings, it was sonar detection that removed it. Did not even quarrantine it.

All I can do is try to exclude the programme/console/service   from Norton detection.