Join now - be part of our community!

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

Dear HomeStream users,

Thanks for your interest in HomeStream!

Sorry, but the HomeStream software is no longer being updated and is no longer available to download from this site.

Any Versions you may have previously downloaded should continue to work as before, so please continue to share any feedback, questions or comments you have on those Versions.

You can find out more information on the past versions of Homestream in the post and discussions below.

Thanks again for your interest,

Your Sony team

Original post:

Very simply, if you've struggled with sharing photos music and movies from your Mac or PC with your connected Sony device, this software will make it much easier. Built on the tried and tested Serviio platform, the software has been optimised and tweaked to work with Sony hardware, including BRAVIA, PS3, Blu-ray players.

Changelog

V1.0 - Launch version

V1.1 - Amended installation process to make it clearer.

Added support for photos editied in Photoshop at full quality - YCbCr 4:4:4 which isn't natively support.

56 REPLIES 56
buseng
New

Now got it running, but keep getting this when I open the programme.

Capture.JPG

Batfinkk

+1 for AVG - never any issues here with it.

The best bit of software Norton created was their uninstaller :wink:

Bernie-the-Bolt

LOL - Cannot disagree! :laughing:

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Thanks, and yes am I guessing it is the YCbCr4:4:4 limitation that blocks of my scanned pictures.

While I am in my complain mode :smileywink:, it would also help a lot to add the possibility to process subtitle files (.srt) in a future release.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Ooh a little to hasty:smileyblush:. I just noticed your reply on the subtitle subject in another topic. Adding this functionality would be great, thanks.:smileyhappy:

Catmambo
Contributor

Yup this should fix it, my colleagues have been testing it this afternoon and it works well so there will be an update on the website early next week. Although I think the software automatically checks for new versions so it may well prompt you when its available.

Trying to evaluate the subtitle issue at the moment as there are potentially a number of different ways of solving it, either on the device side or on the software side.

Will keep the boards updated.. :slight_smile:

Xmantium
Visitor

I just want to use the excellent Homestream on my Sony Bravia 2010 TV, but i have to scroll ALL the way down pass the vast ever-growing bloatware apps in Video Section (which personally i will never use).

Please is there any way at all to disable view some of the video apps in the next firmware

Everytime another firmware update comes out its seems to be growing more and more.

Its like buying smartphone, but its preloaded with uneeded apps stuck on the main homescreen which the user cant delete. Consumers should have choice.

Im not saying delete video apps but have the choice to disable view or even re-order to the users choice.

You provide the option to hide/delete Media Servers but not Video apps

Catmambo
Contributor

Possibly - if you factory reset connect the device to the Internet and then don't scan for services, I have a feeling it won't list any and Homestream icon will simply pop up.

I thought that on 2010 models, the servers were at the top of the list much like Playstation 3, but clearly not. On 2011 onwards devices, the Media servers are in a different column altogether so its not a problem.

Hope this helps

profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

On my 2010 model, Media servers are at the end of the apps list.

But no problem. Ex: On top of the video section, press Up arrow on remote goes directly to the end of the app list : Homestream is here...

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org
Xmantium
Visitor

Homestream is definitely end of the list.

Since im now a member of Lovefilm I need the Lovefilm app on the rare occasion watch a movie from there

Sony should provide the option to hide app in the next firmware. I think it's a valid request for consumer choice.

Really looking forward to Sony moving forward getting .srt working with Homestream

Have you also considered chapters on mkv files? The options for chapters are there in the video options but Sony TV does not recognise chapters.