Join now - be part of our community!

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

Dear HomeStream users,

Thanks for your interest in HomeStream!

Sorry, but the HomeStream software is no longer being updated and is no longer available to download from this site.

Any Versions you may have previously downloaded should continue to work as before, so please continue to share any feedback, questions or comments you have on those Versions.

You can find out more information on the past versions of Homestream in the post and discussions below.

Thanks again for your interest,

Your Sony team

Original post:

Very simply, if you've struggled with sharing photos music and movies from your Mac or PC with your connected Sony device, this software will make it much easier. Built on the tried and tested Serviio platform, the software has been optimised and tweaked to work with Sony hardware, including BRAVIA, PS3, Blu-ray players.

Changelog

V1.0 - Launch version

V1.1 - Amended installation process to make it clearer.

Added support for photos editied in Photoshop at full quality - YCbCr 4:4:4 which isn't natively support.

56 REPLIES 56
confused.com
New

Can you explain, in simple terms, how you watch ITV Player using Homestream.  It would be pretty useful but I haven't managed it yet.  I can get photos/video etc but don't know how to get the link for ITV Player

profile.country.nl_NL.title
tcviper
Explorer

If we are able to get SUBTITLE support (.srt and internal) than this is the best DLNA software available. This is the only small thing that doesnt work yet and that would really be amazing to have implemented.

I've also sent Zip the author of Serviio some new profiles of STR-DA receivers and for the Sony CMT-G2NiP/G2BNiP Audio players.

- Michiel

seantm
Visitor

Hi

Installed Homestream as I hoped this would pick up .avi files and be able to convert them to a format Ok for the Bravia tv, unfortunately it hasn't.

Anyone know if Homestream has this capability or if not a safe way to get .avi's to a format that the tv can play? Using windows media the tv shows the .avi files but the tv won't support playback.

Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

Yes it will do - have you opened the Homestream console on the PC and told it where the files are located? There is a quick start guide on the homestream site as well which should help.

Thanks

tcviper
Explorer

Catmambo, why didnt you guys implement the Bravia 2009,2010,2011 as separate profiles just like Serviio has? Since the 2010 and 11 series can play more than the 2009 series. On what version of Serviio is Homestream currently based?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

tcviper, there is a new serviio beta version with new profiles for Sony Bravia devices from 2009 to 2012 series.

Homestream will be probably be updated with this new management.

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org
seantm
Visitor

Thanks Catmambo, its working fine now, a great piece of software and if it can replicate an app like the BBC iplayer on the Bravia for ITVplayer even better, going to have a go at this.

tcviper
Explorer

Can Sony please post a changelog on the homestream main page? so people can easily see what is new :slight_smile: Thank you!

Catmambo
Contributor

Will post it in the initial post on this thread as its quicker and easier.

Thanks

Sony-Tony
Visitor

Hi

I like this bit of software however one slight niggle

Most of my media sits on a NAS with the latest stuff on a local drive.

I don't have the NAS on permanently which means i can't Keep the Library updated automatically or Add any new stuff to the Library unless the NAS is on other wise every thing on the NAS gets removed from the Library and then takes a day top reload it.

So Is there a way to only update only certain folders?

un-ticking the Scan for updates doesn't disable the folder if it is offline