Join now - be part of our community!

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

Dear HomeStream users,

Thanks for your interest in HomeStream!

Sorry, but the HomeStream software is no longer being updated and is no longer available to download from this site.

Any Versions you may have previously downloaded should continue to work as before, so please continue to share any feedback, questions or comments you have on those Versions.

You can find out more information on the past versions of Homestream in the post and discussions below.

Thanks again for your interest,

Your Sony team

Original post:

Very simply, if you've struggled with sharing photos music and movies from your Mac or PC with your connected Sony device, this software will make it much easier. Built on the tried and tested Serviio platform, the software has been optimised and tweaked to work with Sony hardware, including BRAVIA, PS3, Blu-ray players.

Changelog

V1.0 - Launch version

V1.1 - Amended installation process to make it clearer.

Added support for photos editied in Photoshop at full quality - YCbCr 4:4:4 which isn't natively support.

56 REPLIES 56
profile.country.fr_FR.title
sletonqu
New

Tony,

I've got the same issue with my Buffalo Network hard Disk.

First look at this : http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=serviio_console_explained

I suggest:

The first time after install : Enable "automatic library update" and enable "arrow" for each folder.

Then when library is build, uncheck "arrow" on folders then save.

When you add new media on a folder, open console, check the arrow for this folder then Save. Library will be updated (check on status button), then uncheck the "arrow", save and close console.

When the NAS will be power-off, folders "unchecked" will be not scanned.

Look at this too : http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4719&p=32277&hilit=don%27t+scan#p32280

Message was edited by: sletonqu

KDL-46EX501, BDP-S373, SMP-N100, Serviio.org
brijoco
Visitor

...... but i have to scroll ALL the way down pass the vast ever-growing bloatware apps

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, perhaps they could a DLNA menu option from the top bar.

In the mean time found you can scroll UP to wrap to the bottom of the list on my LX900.

Regards,

Brian

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Well version 1.1 has certainly helped on most of my jpeg's (scanned pictures and Photoshop editings), but there is still some jpeg pictures that isn't possible to view yet. I get two different kind of error messages now on these remaining jpeg's. The old (and now I am translating into English, so it is not accurate) "the picture cannot be viewed" and a new one "the server is not accessible"- where the last one is not a correct error statement.

Swansway1
New

Any way I can get the Tv to recognise the individual albums from my iMac. At the moment it doesnt and I have to view the pictures by month to find them easily. Thx

mykool
Visitor

Do you mean all the Titles, Movies, Series etc?  If so you can turn them off

by going to the Presentation tab on the Homestream/Serviio console.

mykool
Visitor

I was using Serviio but have now installed Homestream onto my PC. Are they different under the bonnet? Interestingly Homestream lists my TV as "Bravia" but Serviio (v 1.0.1) lists it as "Sony Bravia TV(2012)" but both show the name as KDL-46HX753.

The problem I have is that I had trouble with Serviio so decided to see if Homestream worked any better.  Now, Homestream (and Serviio before) can see my TV no problem but my TV has trouble seeing Homestream (and previously Serviio).  It was intermittent and the Serviio on my PC is listed four times on the PC, and twice for my laptop.  So I have two questions:

1.  Is there any way of deleting the unwanted Serviio (and I have a Plex from earlier) devices?  I cannot find any way to remove them and it is so annoying having to scroll through them all.

2.  Why am I having trouble seeing the Homestream server?  I am running over Wi-Fi on an O2 Wireless Box II (made by Thomson)? Should I go for a wired connection?

profile.country.nl_NL.title
tcviper
Explorer

1. Your remote has a button called OPTIONS you might wanna try pressing that when looking at all your dlna devices :wink: There you can clean the list and update or delete them all.

2. Try a LAn connection with cable, It could be your router is the culprit here :wink:

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

If your router or WIFI access point assigns different ip addresses to your PC on your home network when you boot from case to case, Homestream will appear multiple times. Only use one server.

If you use several units on WIFI remember having intra-BSS trafic enabled.on your WIFI access point (AP).

I am also experiencing missing access some times and have to try multiple times to gain access without any obvious malfunction (it's like something in the connection goes to sleep) . In general I'm happy with Homestream and when streaming it is very rare that I have problems.

guzzirob
Visitor

I hope someone is still looking at this thread?

I seem to be having an issue with Homestream, my KDL40HX753 works fine with it over a wireless connection, and then out of the blue a couple of times I have gone to stream some movie files and Homestream is shown as disconnected on the TV. Mad dash upstairs to the PC and the Homestream console shows my bravia is connected. Pressing the refresh button does not seem to do anything. I have then to restart the PC for the TV to show a connected status.

Any ideas?

Message was edited by: guzzirob

Catmambo
Contributor

Could it be that the router is timing out? Could of threads on Serviio suggested similar issues were caused by this. Not something I've come across before though

Thanks