Join now - be part of our community!

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Homestream: Sharing your photos, music and movies with connected devices

Dear HomeStream users,

Thanks for your interest in HomeStream!

Sorry, but the HomeStream software is no longer being updated and is no longer available to download from this site.

Any Versions you may have previously downloaded should continue to work as before, so please continue to share any feedback, questions or comments you have on those Versions.

You can find out more information on the past versions of Homestream in the post and discussions below.

Thanks again for your interest,

Your Sony team

Original post:

Very simply, if you've struggled with sharing photos music and movies from your Mac or PC with your connected Sony device, this software will make it much easier. Built on the tried and tested Serviio platform, the software has been optimised and tweaked to work with Sony hardware, including BRAVIA, PS3, Blu-ray players.

Changelog

V1.0 - Launch version

V1.1 - Amended installation process to make it clearer.

Added support for photos editied in Photoshop at full quality - YCbCr 4:4:4 which isn't natively support.

56 REPLIES 56
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

Serviio ( and by proxy Homestream :smileyhappy:) is up for best DLNA server award, so feel free to go and register a vote here. http://lifehacker.com/5975362/five-best-desktop-media-servers

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Serviio has my vote.  I tried Homestream, had hard time getting it to work on all my devices (including the PS3 for some reason)  Love the fact that Serviio has the web resources to steam from other sites.

Bernie-the-Bolt

It may be worth looking at this;

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7190

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
terrymold
Explorer

Hi all

I have HomeStream 1.1 on a Windows 7 Home Premium PC, streaming some movies to a Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray Player. These same movies when streamed to the same device, but using Windows Media Player, played perfectly. Exactly as one would expect.

But since using HomeStream, which incidentally is a lot easier and quicker to use, every movie gives an error, which is: "The file is corrupt or unsupported".

I have tried it with Transcoding On and Off with exactly the same result.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or better still, how to fix it?

Regards

Terry

Message was edited by: terrymold

profile.country.mk_MK.title
nikola2004mkd
New

I tried the new Homesteam and while it have subtitle support in practice is useless. There is no option to choose encoding of the subtitle, so the subtitle now is just lines of strange characthers, and there is no option to set font size, so subtitles are very hard to read. All in all, good idea but still need a lot of work. Maybe Serviio with 1.3 version (witch should be released any day now) will fix some of this problems
johnw636
Explorer

I've downloaded both Homestream and Serviio to my Macbook Air runiing OS 10.7.5 but I can't get either to launch, apparently.  There isn't an installer in the package, the apps are just sitting there in the folder??

I'm a relative amateur....can anyone help?

brucemax
Explorer

HI Berine

You seem to be the most experienced here.. so I have a question about the startup of Homestream2 on my Mac connected via lan cable to my Bravia

The refresh does not seem to do anything

What can I do?

Bruce