Join now - be part of our community!

Hotel Mode KDL-40U2000

znuman
Explorer

Hotel Mode KDL-40U2000

can anyone help me to turn off "HOTEL MODE" of Sony KDL-40U2000?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In regards to "Hotel Mode" - I believe you will need to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre (as i think its a hardware issue)

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

znuman
Explorer

thanx a lot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry,

Unlikely a hardware fault (unless its all of a sudden happened)  However will still require an authorised Sony Repair Person to fix it. 

znuman
Explorer

thanx for your help.  well! i was trying to factory reset the LCD.  I pressed 38 from the remote. after that tv goes on standby after 30 seconds.  before that tv was working fine.  is it still a hardware issue? thanx!

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what i understand - Hotel mode locks down the settings of the TV (ie, language, tuning settings .. etc etc).  This is normally turned on by going to the Service Menu, sometimes via a sequnce of keys on a 'normal' remote control, other times requires a 'service' remote control.  It is NOT recommended for people to enter the service menu, unless you know what you are doing, as you can do a lot of damage, and basically 'brick' the TV.

A factory reset would not (should not) initiate the Hotel Mode - So basically, without looking at the TV, its hard to know if its a hardware fault (its possible) - But still requires someone to fix it anyhow.

Thats as much as i know unfortunately.

Cheers.

znuman
Explorer

thanx for your help.