Join now - be part of our community!

How can I sort video files on a USB drive ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
dd4005
Visitor

How can I sort video files on a USB drive ?

I've got a USB drive plugged into my Bravia KDL40HX705 with filenames a bit like:

ABC.DEF.001.avi

ABC.DEF.002.avi

ABC.DEF.003.avi

etc.

When I navigate to that folder and the files appear, they seem to be in a random order. If I've got dozens of them and I want to watch them in order, I'm scrolling up and down trying to find the next one in sequence.

What do I need to do for them to be in order ?

Change the filename dates ? Put sequential numbers at the very start of the filenames ? Copy the files onto the drive one by one in order (because windows doesn't always copy them in order) ? I don't mind however complicated it is, if I have to jump through some hoops, as long as I know what they are :slight_smile:

While I'm here, it would be nice to be able to delete one after watching it. Is it possible to delete also ?

Message was edited by: dd4005

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

You can normally sort by filename or date I think if you press the options button on the remote? AS far as I know, its not possible to delete the files from the TV directly, you'd need to reconnect to a PC to do this.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

You can normally sort by filename or date I think if you press the options button on the remote? AS far as I know, its not possible to delete the files from the TV directly, you'd need to reconnect to a PC to do this.

Thanks

dd4005
Visitor

Wow, that's embarrassing. That's probably the only button on the remote I didn't try, and right now seems like absolutely the most obvious one to try. Oh well, the thread might be found in the future if anyone else is this dumb :slight_smile:

Thanks !!!!