Join now - be part of our community!

How do I connect Blu Ray AND TV to internet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ftahir192
Visitor

How do I connect Blu Ray AND TV to internet

Sorry if this has already been posted, a quick search didn't find anything.

Basically I have a Sony Bravia TV (KDL-46EX723) and a Blu Ray player (can't remember the model).

None of these devices are wireless enabled so I've hardwired them to the router (one ethernet cable for each device going into the router, bit messy but didn't know any other method besides buying a wireless adapter for £80 odd), however I'm moving the router to a different room meaning wireless is my only option.

My question is, is there any simpler way to connect BOTH devices to the internet, without having to buy 2 wireless dongles spending £160? Or would that be my only option. Hard wired isn't an option to me anymore :(.

I don't mind buying 1 adapter but not sure if the TV and Blu Ray can share the connection or anything.

How would homeplugs work? If I were to buy homeplugs, I'd need one for each device, and then would I need to connect 2 homeplugs to the router or just 1 for the 2 sony devices? Don't know if this makes sense.

Help would be appreciated :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Get a cheap wireless access point  (WAP) and configure it as a client to your router. I guess most devices comes with at least 2 LAN ports nowadays.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Get a cheap wireless access point  (WAP) and configure it as a client to your router. I guess most devices comes with at least 2 LAN ports nowadays.