Join now - be part of our community!

How do I obtain a table-top stand for a Sony Bravia KDL-26S2010

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
thedogsbollock
Visitor

How do I obtain a table-top stand for a Sony Bravia KDL-26S2010

I've inherited a Sony Bravia KDL-26S2010 but unfortunately it hasn't come with it's original table top stand.

The person who very kindly gifted it to me has also given me a table-top stand which came with the much larger TV he's purchased to replace this one, but sadly this stand doesn't appear to fit the TV I've received and I'm desperate to get hold of one, as at present the TV is propped up against a table, where it's at risk of being knocked over by the dog or the kids.

However I can't seem to find a replacement stand on offer anywhere and it would completely defeat the object if I end up having to pay a substantial sum for a replacement stand, when my pal was trying to help save me a few pounds by giving me the TV in the first place

With my utmost thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time and the trouble to assist with my query

Kind Regards

Bernard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Bernard

I think you might struggle to be honest. As TV designs change year on year and the S series is a few years old now its unlikely you would be able to buy the original table top stand. You could try contacting the support line at the top of the page, but I'm not sure they will be able to assist?

One alternative would be to wall mount it  - there are plenty of wall brackets available from all good retailers which would do the job.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Bernard

I think you might struggle to be honest. As TV designs change year on year and the S series is a few years old now its unlikely you would be able to buy the original table top stand. You could try contacting the support line at the top of the page, but I'm not sure they will be able to assist?

One alternative would be to wall mount it  - there are plenty of wall brackets available from all good retailers which would do the job.

Thanks

thedogsbollock
Visitor

Much appreciate you taking the trouble to get back to me.

I've just had a call back from the local Sony centre to advise that a stand can be obtained, but at a cost of £94 which seems a somewhat exorbitant price, for what's basically a lump of moulded metal and plastic, considering it is merely something for the TV to sit on.

Moreover it would completely defeat the object of my friend's kind gesture in passing the TV on to me, as I'm hardly likely to spend the best part of £100 on a stand, when for the want of a couple of hundred pounds more, we could buy a brand new TV with a larger sized screen.

Sadly we don't have a suitable wall to attach the TV to (as I have the wall bracket) at least not without turning the flat upside down by rearranging the living room!

Frustrating :angry: but nevertheless it was good of you to bother replying

Best Regards

Bernard