Join now - be part of our community!

How to connect a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX713U to Home Cinema, Sony DAV SB100

profile.country.en_GB.title
jazzgirl
Visitor

How to connect a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX713U to Home Cinema, Sony DAV SB100

I would be really grateful for some advice - not sure what I'm doing!

I have just purchased a Sony Bravia KDL-40EX713U TV.  Whilst the picture quality is awesome (even with the SCART lead, as I'm still waiting for my HDMI cable to arrive), the sound quality is not a patch on the Sony CRT with Dolby surround sound that it replaced.

I have connected the Sony DAV SB100 home cinema system up to the new Bravia via SCART.  The speakers work when a DVD is playing but not otherwise and the sound from the new Bravia is pants in comparison.

Am I doing something wrong, what are the best settings to tweak on the TV (and what to?)  How can I improve the sound?  I am really used to fabulous surround sound now, I've still got the same home cinema kit and don't want to have to upgrade unless absolutely necessary but I fear a new HD system might be the only answer?  If it is, I'd love some recommendations or advice on what to look out for / avoid.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Does the DAV SB100 have an HDMI socket? I'm not sure it does looking at the spec. On may DAV systems you can connect an optical lead from the TV to the DAV to use the speakers whilst watching normal Freeview, but again i'm not sure looking at the specs that the DAV SB100 has an optical input either..

Tough one - might be a good excuse to upgrade :wink:

Thanks