Join now - be part of our community!

How to get smart TV with a box

profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

How to get smart TV with a box

Hi, I have a KDL 40S2530 and want to connect it to my home network as well as the internet to watch Love film and Sony Entertainment etc. I can do this on my KDL 40EX724 in another room. I have noticed that there are two products available (I think) to do this, the N200 media player which I think gives the same facility as I have on the 40EX and then their is the Google TV box. I notice that the GS7 (with or without Blu-Ray) has Soney Entertainment centre built in, does this mean I can get Love Film through this.

Can anyone give me a heads up on what to go for, which one is best for streaming and internet TV etc.

Thanks.

Alan

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Yes a few ways you can do this. For easy access the below two ways are the quickest and simplest.

• SMP-N200
  • Any 2012 Blu-ray player like BDP-S390 or upwards

If you are looking for full blown Internet access via chrome, albeit without specific applications (right now although many coming soon) for things like Lovefilm, then the GS7 is a good choice. I'd maybe check them out at your local Sony Centre where you can get a demo and discuss your requirements in more detail?

Hope this helps

profile.country.en_GB.title
drhowells
New

Just a quick addition....You haven't mentioned it, but if you want to access Netflix, you will have to have a 2012 model onwards. The SMP-N200 will not be able to access it. Just something to think about if you may want to use Netflix in the future.

profile.country.GB.title
JADASTIC
Explorer

Thanks for the info, I'll visit a Sony centre and get a demo of the GS7 I think, this sounds like a better option. Just not sure how it all comes together.

Thanks