Join now - be part of our community!

HT-IS-100 Audio system

rpj1955
New

HT-IS-100 Audio system

My HT-IS 100 Surround audio system has stopped passing HDMI signals to the TV and no sound comes out but the radio works. I've done the cold reset but no change. I can get sound from the Blueray by connecting using phono connections.  Anyone got any ideas what may be wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try unplugging the HDMI cable and re-plugging it back in.  If that fails, try using another HDMI cable.

Also ensure that you are actually outputting the audio signal externally (check your settings)

Cheers

rpj1955
New

Thanks for the suggestions I have tried changing cables but to no avail. I did forget to say there is no TV picture either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The no TV picture...well...

Unplug the HT-IS-100 completely.  Do you get pictures and sound from the TV at all?

rpj1955
New

If I connect direct to TV using HDMI then DVD is OK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I just confirm the following

• If you connect your DVD player directly into the TV without having the IS100 connected, you get video and audio through your TV no problems?
  • However, If you connect the IS100 via HDMI from the TV Out port to the TV's HDMI IN (HDMI1) and then the DVD player to the DVD IN on the IS100 - you get no video or audio?
  • You have tested and/or replaced all HDMI cables concerned?
  • You have selected the right Input Source  via the Input Selector either on the unit itself or via the remote control?
  • As you said above, you get sound on the IS100 via the radio, so we know that your speakers are working?

Does the HDMI light up on the IS100?

Sorry for the list here, its just its easier for me to understand the problem with everything in bullet points :slight_smile:

rpj1955
New

Yes you are correct in all you say. also I can get audio through the IS-100 by using the component audio cable.

HDMI does not show on the info screen

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Adding to the fact that component cables work, and the HDMI light does not show up, this therefore means that the IS100 is not "seeing" the HDMI connection.

One last thing to test - try connecting the DVD player to another HDMI port (like BD-IN, or even SAT-IN) and see if that works. Remember to select the correct input source.

If that doesnt work, I believe that there is maybe a hardware fault on the HDMI ports itself and therefore think it is time to contact an authorised Sony Repair Centre to have this looked at.

Cheers