Join now - be part of our community!

I have a Sony Bravia TV that keeps turning itself off when changing the channel

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
orebabe
Visitor

I have a Sony Bravia TV that keeps turning itself off when changing the channel

Once on, it is ok for a minute, then it goes on and off 3 times with the LED a constant green light.

The TV then remains off, the LED light turns red and blinks 9 times with a seconds pause and this cycle is repeated continously.

I can only say it is a 46" Sony Bravia as it is wall mounted and i can't read the model. Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi orebabe,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

If   the stanby light is flashing red then this indicates that the TV's self  diagnosis mode has been activated, I suggest you contact your local  authorised Sony  service centre and inform the them of the sequence that  the Standby light flashes. Use the following link to find your  nearest: Authorised  Sony service centre

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

this is down to a fault within the tv and will need a service technician to fix it im afraid.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi orebabe,

welcome to Questions & Answers..

If   the stanby light is flashing red then this indicates that the TV's self  diagnosis mode has been activated, I suggest you contact your local  authorised Sony  service centre and inform the them of the sequence that  the Standby light flashes. Use the following link to find your  nearest: Authorised  Sony service centre