Join now - be part of our community!

I want to view my photos on my KDL-40EX503 while listening to Digital Radio Channel

profile.country.en_GB.title
Widget2002
Explorer

I want to view my photos on my KDL-40EX503 while listening to Digital Radio Channel

When I select a Radio channel on Freeview having set up the system to show photos, why is it that I can't set it up to play my photos stored on my USB stick and it only shows the Sony Default photos.  I have managed to view my photos generally but the radio feature fails me - Please help.

Message was edited by: Widget2002

Message was edited by: Widget2002

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
gofrost

it can't do 2 jobs at once not enough processing power or memory i've a 32" version and it does exactly the same also what file types are you trying to view as not all types play i guess you know how to use the xmb

Widget2002
Explorer

File format of the photos is not a problem as the photos can be shown using the standard Photo browser on the TV successfully as slide show and individually etc.

Its just not allowing me to access MY photos for the slide show when the Radio channels are being played.  the settings on the radio options allow selection of slideshow but its not MINE, I really don't want to have the Sony default photos streaming throughout.

Widget2002
Explorer

Can anyone please help me, I am sure there is a solution but as yet haven't found it.....:smileyconfused:

Widget2002
Explorer

Forum

The Question still exists that I wish to view my own Pictures when the TV goes into Screensaver / Photo Showing during the period when listening to Radio from the TV menu.  The default and only setting appears to be to show the Sony Sample Pictures and not my own from the USB stick or connected NAS drive on the network.

Please can someone advise.

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Pretty sure this isn't possible on this model I'm afraid as it would need a fair amount of processing power to be able to do this and TV's, although getting much quicker, are not nearly as fast as PC's yet.

Thanks

Bernie-the-Bolt

Catmambo is, I believe, correct. In my experience it's either one or the other. It might be worth exploring the DLNA route to see if anything can be done by networking your hub, PC and TV from the ether.