Join now - be part of our community!

image readability

profile.country.en_GB.title
kerronk
New

image readability

Browsing on my bravia by wifi from my computer, why are some images not opened, all are .jpg?

8 REPLIES 8
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Try out Sony Homestream as I think this will resolve your problem - www.sony.co.uk/homestream

Thanks

kerronk
New

Unfortunately all the bother of installing etc Homesteam hasn't made a scrap of difference. Why do some images, which display on every other device I own, refuse to be displayed by the Bravia?

Convergence
Visitor

Hi if you edit photo's in PhotoShop do not use high quality JPEG with 4:4:4 as the support pages will give info under heading what codec are supported;

Supports DCF2.0/Exif2.21
YCbCr4 :4 :4 not supported

kerronk
New

Regardless of where or how the images were edited and without any common theme in properties- Why do some of them, which display on every other device I own, refuse to be displayed by the Bravia?

kerronk
New

since every other device that I know of can display JPEGs processed by an Adobe product I think this is clearly a Sony Bravia issue.

kerronk
New

Anyone attracted to the feature whereby photos can be viewed on their TV (no-one prints anymore) will be very disapointed with a Sony Bravia - Its clearly not fit for that purpose.  Why have the Sony people I see on this site not put their hand up and come clean about the issue? What a sloppy outfit!

kerronk
New

I have now thoroughly tested what will display on my Bravia and what won't.

It seems that provided an image has not been 'processed' by PhotoShop (by me or before I received it) - it will display OK

Anything that has had a 'save as' in my PhotoShop elements will not display regardless of whatever else has or has not been adjusted.  Also nothing I do can 'undo' the problem

I would be tempted to blame PhotoShop but come back to the same conclusion - why, if every other device displays correctly, does the Bravia fail?

Are Sony happy for me to have a faulty product? 

kerronk
New

Are Sony happy for me to have a faulty product?