Join now - be part of our community!

Independent volume for the hard of hearing (Bravia KDL-32S5500)

profile.country.GB.title
sihanna46
New

Independent volume for the hard of hearing (Bravia KDL-32S5500)

Hi everyone,

This is probably my first ever post here (unless I did one years ago and just can't remember), so I wonder if anyone can help me, please?

I am hard of hearing and my wife is not.  Therefore, when we are both watching the TV, it's either on too quiet for me, or it is blaring for her.

Now, our TV model (Bravia KDL-32S5500) is probably considered extremely old by most, but it's what we have, so we must try to find a solution for this set.

In an ideal world, I would like to be able to use (wireless/Bluetooth) headphones such that I could set my own volume level within the headphones and my wife could use the usual TV set volume controls herself.

Does anyone know of a way we can achieve this, please?  Is there a way of making my set Bluetooth-compatible (by using a 'dongle', say)?  Or WiFi-compatible?  Even if it means buying a seperate item to achieve the end aim, I would be happy within reason to do so.

Even if it's just a case that someone doesn't know the answer themselves, but point me to someone/somewhere where I could find more information from, that would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading this and I hope someone out there can help me.

Kind regards,

Simon.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your post.

We offer some dedicated RF headphones that might be useful for your:

e.g. https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-rf865rk

The only issue I see is that your TV cannot control the volume independently for the headphone out and speakers.

Thus you might need an additional headphone amplifier to increase and adjust the headphone volume.

e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kilimanjaro-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-formerly/dp/B00MFMW29I/ref=sr_1_4

Hope you find this information helpful

Cheers

Peter