Join now - be part of our community!

Interconnections:-Connecting a VCR to Sony KDL-40EX523 TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
leogrims
Explorer

Interconnections:-Connecting a VCR to Sony KDL-40EX523 TV

Could someone with technical knowledge help with solving a nagging problem?

As old people we love our old tapes and have succesfully connected our existing vcr to the TV and are enjoying the wonderful playback we obtain.

What we would like to do is to be able to record also to the VCR but no one seems to have a clue how to do it.We also have a Sony dvd player BDP-S380/BM which is excellent for bought material.

If someone could help could they please indicate connections and how we would operate such a setup.

Please don't suggest hard-disc recorder there isn't enough satisfactory content on Tv to warrant such expense.

When we get stuck for something to watch we go on the digital web and watch such programs as BBC i-player.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

when it comes to VCR's there was not much i could not do with one but now they are bygone days and to be honest i'm a bit rusty on these now, however i can tell you as they are not digital devices you will not be able to record any digital freeview channels on one and the only use for one now is playback of existing material you have,

with regards to your dvd player, unless its one of the latest ones with HDMI connection the only way to connect to your tv is with a scart cable and since your tv only has one of these for input you will have to swap it out with the VCR (unless you use a splitter) but i wont confuse you at this point.

should the DVD  have HDMI then you can connect using one of the available HDMI inputs on the tv and keep the VCR connected via scart.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bravia55HX

Hi,

when it comes to VCR's there was not much i could not do with one but now they are bygone days and to be honest i'm a bit rusty on these now, however i can tell you as they are not digital devices you will not be able to record any digital freeview channels on one and the only use for one now is playback of existing material you have,

with regards to your dvd player, unless its one of the latest ones with HDMI connection the only way to connect to your tv is with a scart cable and since your tv only has one of these for input you will have to swap it out with the VCR (unless you use a splitter) but i wont confuse you at this point.

should the DVD  have HDMI then you can connect using one of the available HDMI inputs on the tv and keep the VCR connected via scart.