Join now - be part of our community!

Internet browser access on KLD-32W706B

SOLVED
Robbie1946
Explorer

Internet browser access on KLD-32W706B

Have just bought and connected KLD-32W706B Smart TV and I am impressed with picture quality.  However, I  cannot see how to gain access to the internet browser (Opera) which is supposedly available or to any other browser.  Can anybody help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Robbie1946
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Having opened the "WWW internet browser" app, selected the UK option, waited some 40 - 50 seconds for the Sony.co.uk webpage to fully open and then pressed the Options button, I can confirm that there is no "Enter URL2 or "Enter Web Address" option.

However, by moving the cursor/highlighted box to the second row down and then moving right to the "+ tab" and selecting it, I found that a "new tab" box opens.  After moving to the top row and selecting the "No URL" box, a keyboard appears and the URL for the chosen site can be created and entered.

It worked for me.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rgds.

Rob

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant - I am glad you have got it working now - Have fun :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Does the solution in this thread help:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/internet-connectivity/td-p/1648559

Cheers

Robbie1946
Explorer

Thanks for help so far.  I found the WWW internet browser in the ALL APPS listing.  When I open it, it shows Sony's UK website.  I've pressed the OPTIONS button but cannot see the URL entry listed and therefore cannot enter an alternative URL.

Where do I go from here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not having a 2014 TV, or seeing exactly what your doing, its hard to advise on this one.  There *should* be some type of option to "Enter URL" or "Enter Web Address" - Have you tried scrolling down the options list, as I believe there are more options if you keep scrolling down ?

Cheers

Robbie1946
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Having opened the "WWW internet browser" app, selected the UK option, waited some 40 - 50 seconds for the Sony.co.uk webpage to fully open and then pressed the Options button, I can confirm that there is no "Enter URL2 or "Enter Web Address" option.

However, by moving the cursor/highlighted box to the second row down and then moving right to the "+ tab" and selecting it, I found that a "new tab" box opens.  After moving to the top row and selecting the "No URL" box, a keyboard appears and the URL for the chosen site can be created and entered.

It worked for me.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Rgds.

Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brilliant - I am glad you have got it working now - Have fun :slight_smile:

weblab
Explorer

Hi guys,

Please use your browser to access this new SONY idea still in Concept stage

LINK - http://sony.giditv.net

Also avaialable on Android mobile phones with "SWFplayer for Android" activated.

It plays well on my XperiaJ. Not rich enough to buy Z2 series.

Love to get feedback on this concept.

Thanks guys.

webLab

profile.country.GB.title
obieze
New

Please I have this same problem with my Sony BRAVIA KDL-55W815B. I cannot access the internet or any apps. Please what do I need to do? 

Tags (1)