Join now - be part of our community!

Internet TV/Lovefilm Help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
redeyes0_5
Visitor

Internet TV/Lovefilm Help

Can anyone help me link my lovefilm account to my Sony internet tv? The tv tells me to sign into my sony account and then click on - View content affiliates - but i can't find this. Help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDL-22PX300
Visitor

Create account here   https://internet.sony.tv/customer/  Add your device with code received from LoveFilm widget ( Bravia Internet TV ) channel.

Sign in to your regular LoveFilm account select manage devices and your TV should now be listed and link your Bravia to your LoveFilm account.

Note to Sony support - The whole linking process could be a bit more clearer please.

Message was edited by: KDL-22PX300

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Catmambo
Contributor

Make sure you are't accessing the site through a proxy as the system will only recognise you if it sees you are UK based.

Failing that, maybe try another browser as that might be glitching it?

Thanks

KDL-22PX300
Visitor

Create account here   https://internet.sony.tv/customer/  Add your device with code received from LoveFilm widget ( Bravia Internet TV ) channel.

Sign in to your regular LoveFilm account select manage devices and your TV should now be listed and link your Bravia to your LoveFilm account.

Note to Sony support - The whole linking process could be a bit more clearer please.

Message was edited by: KDL-22PX300

Catmambo
Contributor

Agreed, its a bit of a tricky process, I think its being addressed this yeara actually and having several changes and updates made to it, to hopefully improve it.

Thanks

adrianemmott
Visitor

This is the worst registration process I've ever come across.

I have registered online with Lovefilm.

On the TV, on the Lovefilm page, when I want to view a film, I get a screen that says:

Already A LoveFilm Subscriber?

To activate LOVEFiLM on your device go to: http://internet/sony/tv

1 Click on 'New to My Essentials?' to create a Sony account and register your device using this Registration Code:

[No registration code shown]

---------

On the New to My Essentials page, I am prompted to enter a registration code. I have no code but if I click the 'Where is this?' link, it says:

• To get Registration Code
    1. Please make sure your BRAVIA internet enabled TV is connected to your network, powered on and active.
    2. Press the Home button on your remote control and navigate to the Network icon on the Xross Media Bar.
    3. Scroll to Activate Enhanced Features and select by pressing enter.
    4. Locate the Registration Code for your BRAVIA TV.

----

There is no such menu option to 'Activate Enhanced Features'.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-32CX523 and have no idea how to get the registration code.

Catmambo
Contributor

You can get the code to appear if you try and start playing a movie via the lovefilm app on the TV, it willdisply a 4 or 5 digit code somwhere on the screen I think..

adrianemmott
Visitor

Thanks Catmambo. I'd tried that already before posting, but I was entering that code into the password field. Doh...

For anyone else as dumb as me, the four digit code on the LoveFilm page when you try to rent a film and have not yet linked your Sony Bravia to your LoveFilm account, goes into the Registration field on the 'New to my essentials?' link page.

It all worked swimmingly after that. Hope this helps someone else, the registration process is so confusing.

Message was edited by: adrianemmott

Catmambo
Contributor

Thankfully you only have to do it once! Glad its working now...

cheers

paterkg
Visitor

I tried to follow the above instructions with no luck. I agree Sony could make this a bit more seamless for us; they must be losing a lot of custom/opportunity through this. Here's how I got it working, through trial and error, with my sony bravia tv;

1) From your TV - Home -> scroll to Bravia Internet Video -> scroll to the bottom of the icons and you'll hopefully see a "Network" icon - click on this and you'll bre presented with a 5 character activation code. You'll need this later. (There may be an "Activate Enhanced Services" step here, can't quite remember.)

2) From in internet.sony.tv, I couldn't see any "New to my Essentials" link, so I clicked on "Return to Account Management." link. Follow the steps to create an account. This is your Sony Entertainment Network account activation. You *don't* have to register payment details. (Alternatively go directly to http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com -> account management -> create account. Note: the account created here doesn't seem to work for me on internet.sony.tv - so I'd almost suggest ignoring the  internet.sony.tv part)

3) As part of this sony entertainment account activation, you'll be presented with an option to activate devices; choose HDTV and then use the code you got from (1). If you miss this or want to activate additional devices, then go to account management once you've created the account and choose the "Devices" tab; there's an option to add other devices.

4) From the "Devices" in your sony entertainment account -> Manage Premium Services (at the bottom of the page). This then presents you with various service enablement options, one of which is Lovefilm enable. Click on this.

5) A new window pops up on lovefilm.com - sign-in (if not already signed in), you'll get a screen, asking you to hit "confirm" to link your lovefilm account to the sony device. Hit confirm. -> "Congratulations! Your account has been activated and you can now watch films instantly on your Sony TV device."

6) Go back to your telly - restart lovefilm. You should be up and running; just drill down on lovefilm and choose a film.

(Note: I tried various other options, including drilling down on the registered HDTV device under my sony entertainment account and then enabling from there - didn't work for me.)

Message was edited by: paterkg

typos and additional details