Join now - be part of our community!

iPhone to Sony Bravia Direct Wifi Music problems

iPhone to Sony Bravia Direct Wifi Music problems

Hey there,

I connect to my bravia just fine using direct WiFi but cannot play any music through it.

I have tried several media push applications on the app store and while they play Photographs perfectly, I cannot get the TV to play Music. I am always splashed with the 'Playback Not Available' error message.

Have tried it on a different iPhone and has the same error message. The file format of the music is .mp3

Can anyone shed some light on how do I get this to work and what the problem could be ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

AFAIK you cannot push almost anything from an Apple device to a non Apple TV. The only way around is to let the TV pull something from it installing a DLNA app like imediashare....

I am using 3rd party DLNA based Push applications.

I have tried iMediashare, ZappoTv,  AirFling, All share, Tubio and Ezzi TV

Again, when I try to render the media to the TV, the only media that I can playback are the photos (haven't tried videos). I want to specifically get the music to playback from my tv though. But I keep getting hit with the error message specified in the main post.

The error is consistent between all the applications which leads me to believe 2 possible issues:

a: Audio is not in a compatible file format (really Mp3 is not compatible :c ???)
b: I haven't unlocked or changed an option to allow music playback.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not understand of you tried to access your iPhone from  the tv app Music (that was what I suggested) rather than sending content to it...

I am sorry but I don't understand what you have written or you're trying to communicate in that post. Could you please try to rectify again ?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Did you try to use your TV Music app to access your dlna enable iPhone? It is not working too?

You won't be able to do that directly that is because the drm copyright protection, but no worries, if you want to do that, all you need to is to get an Apple music converter to remove the drm protection hassles. you can try out the free trial version anyway. Help this helps you out.