Join now - be part of our community!

iPlayer not working on my KDL EX503

profile.country.en_GB.title
kingtoad
Visitor

iPlayer not working on my KDL EX503

When I try to launch iPlayer on my EX503 using the internet video button the screen goes black and I get a spinning wheel in the top corner as if it's trying to load but it just sticks like that.

Any idea what I can do to fix this.

I can actually get iPlayer on the TV via my Bluray player which is also a connected device. Any ideas why?

Tags (2)
17 REPLIES 17
Dodsyuk
Visitor

I still have  this problem on my Bravia TV, it seems it specific to Sony devices as iplayer has also stopped working on my Sony Surround sound system. iplayer works fine on every other device in the house.

I think plenty of people have reported this to Sony but I will try again - very disappointed its been off the air for so long. I guess its something the BBC have done in an iplayer upgrade but with Sony being a premium brand I I would have expected this to get sorted quickly and its been months now !

nayan007
Visitor

I have Sony 40EX403 and I too have the same  problem. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

drmarkjones
Visitor

For completeness, to reassure those that wonder how common this problem is: I have the same symptoms on my KDL-40EX503. No access to iPlayer since late February. O2 broadband, wired, old (III) router. iPlayer functions on all other connected devices. Very frustrating as iPlayer provision was a key reason for choosing this model. No contact with Sony support yet. Has anyone else been in touch with the Sony support team?

Catmambo
Contributor

I was under the impression that O2 had resolved this issue last week as it received a fair bit of media coverage. Are you still having problems?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
mikey_boy_uk
New

Hi Catmambo,

This is very much still a problem.

I've been happily streaming HD content through the BBC iPlayer on my KDL-32EX723 since April 2011 - however, since early 2012, I have been experiencing buffering problems with HD content and, on occasion, even SD content.

My TV has the latest firmware, I am using a fully wired set-up connected to my master telephone socket and have been with my ISP (Sky) since 2010.

Both the BBC & Sony maintain that the issue doesn't lie with them.

From reading recent posts in this thread, the problem seems to affect customers across different ISPs.  Demand 5 doesn't appear to suffer buffering problems - only BBC iPlayer.

Can you please help us?

Sadly, this experience has deterred me from venturing in to any of the pay-per-view content provided by Sony Qriocity or Love Film.

wifulle87
Visitor

Hi how do you do a factory reset. Suggested update via product support no use. help lost. Thanks

CreosoteChris
Visitor

For anyone interested, I experienced this issue (Bravia KDL40EX503U, iPlayer previously worked OK, then stopped at "Loading iPlayer" logo stage, Demand5 still working on the same TV).

Factory reset (Settings - General Settings - Factory Settings) fixed it.

HTH, Chris

qwuk.net
Visitor

I'm having issues with my KDL-32EX723.

Getting black screen with small 'progress' spinner in top right corner. Only way to get the TV unstuck is to unplug it. This has become such a regular occurrence in the last month or so that I've now rearranged the plugs so this reset procedure is easier!

From what I've observed it is iPlayer related. Happening either when content has just finished or when first requesting the service from the 'Internet Video' screen. Therefore, from what I can see, it's probably a bug in TV firmware triggered by something (recently new?) in iPlayer menu 'scripts'.

With the exception of the buffering issues last year (been and gone) iPlayer has been fine on this TV up until a month or two ago.

Sort it out Sony. Not only are your functionally poor and technologically backward products being outstripped by the likes of Samsung and LG but long time Sony loyal customers like me are being poisoned, by you, against your brand by unacceptable bugs. I have an AV technical and computer programming background so have an informed context to look at this from. It's not good enough. Given what I'm experiencing from your product my next TV purchase will not be a Sony. You're losing me.