Join now - be part of our community!

Is this normal for the Sony Bravia 55W829?

SOLVED
DanWolf1989
Explorer

Is this normal for the Sony Bravia 55W829?

I received my new tv yesterday, all is fine and I'm really impressed apart from one thing which is a bit silly and hopefully it's something I can change.

Whilst watching the TV and for example I switch the PS3 on to stanby, the volume disappears off the TV, I need to switch the PS3 off at the plug and wait 10-15 seconds for the volume to come back on. I wanted to have the PS3 on just to charge a controller but I couldn't continue watching the TV. This doesn't strike me as being something normal but is it faulty or can I change some settings or this just what is supposed to happen?

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just getting around to reading your issue and now its all resolved. :slight_smile:  I am sure that your most pleased.

Sony no longer makes/sells HDD recorders, other than a YouView box, Humax makes some really good ones.  I have seen some excellent reviews on the HDR-2000T model.  However, if you plan on HD recording, if your budget can stretch to a 1TB model, it might be worth it - as HD recording uses a lot more space :wink:

Alternatively, you can plug a HDD into the TV for simple recording (however the draw back is that you can only record OR watch 1 program and not at the same time, as the TV doesnt have twin-tuners.  But if your only recording a show for when your away, its the cheapest solution.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Glad to help mate, just make sure if you really want a freeview recorder that its digital (most are now) and has HDMI.

Oh, just saw your question about the Humax, what do i think?, well that would burn a hole in my pocket for sure!:smileywink:

DanWolf1989
Explorer

I'd like to keep my budget as low as possible as it's been an expensive month! New 55" TV and a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.

The Humax T1000 500GB looks pretty decent what do you think about that?

I think 500GB would be suitable for me as I won't be recording as much now that I have the smart function and a now TV box so all the catch up services are available so I'd probably mainly be recording movies and hopefully watching full HD TV!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess everything comes down to your requirements/budget. 

Ok, Do you need twin tuner functionality?  If not, simply connect a HDD to the TV - approximate cost £40. 

The DTR-T1000 is an older model, and would be hard pressed to find it new now.  I belive its been superseeded to the DTR-T1010.

Have a search on Amazon anyway, you can gather loads of information on their (and the reviews too !)