Join now - be part of our community!

Issue connecting KDL-46HX720 to WIFI Internet?

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
Michaelsplint
Visitor

Issue connecting KDL-46HX720 to WIFI Internet?

I've got the wifi dongle - but it wont connect to my wifi network. I can access it thru the internet sharing on my iphone, but not on the actual wifi network.

I've done all the basics -

Preferences -> Network -> Setup -> Wireless setup -> Scan.

Found my network and typed in the WPA code.

Auto "Configuration of IP and Proxy" (I have a mac with a timecapsule as router - works fine with everything else)

"Save and connect to network".

Result:

Wireless Unit: OK

Local Acces: Failure

Internetacces: Failure

I've tried punching in previous posted ip's, but it just says "IP or standard gateway not working" (or something like that)

What to do?!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Happy new year. Best thing to start with is taking off WPA from your router and try and connect unsecured. This will confirm wireless is working.  Once complete, run a firmware upgrade on the tv as it may be on an old version. Details in the smart tv FAQ just above this thread. Once updated try turning WPA back on. Remember the passwords are case sensitive also.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.da_DK.title
Michaelsplint
Visitor

I know its New Year, but has anyone any idea about this?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Happy new year. Best thing to start with is taking off WPA from your router and try and connect unsecured. This will confirm wireless is working.  Once complete, run a firmware upgrade on the tv as it may be on an old version. Details in the smart tv FAQ just above this thread. Once updated try turning WPA back on. Remember the passwords are case sensitive also.

Hope this helps