Join now - be part of our community!

Issues and suggestions (Bravia)

profile.country.sr_YU.title
nadasaki
Visitor

Issues and suggestions (Bravia)

I own a Sony KDL-32BX420 Bravia TV.

While I'm thrilled with the picture quality and minimalistic design and interface, some of the functionality issues must be addressed.

• The feautre I use the most on this TV is the media playback via USB connection. Although most of the video files I use are supported (around 80% have video support), the majority of audio formats support seem to fail (about half the time). It's really stressful and I believe it can't be that much of an nuisance to the Sony technicians to implement a more complete codec support. I've also noticed that sometimes subtitles fail to load as well (with .vob I believe) but they work most of the time.

• The semi - transparent header on the top of the screen while changing channels in analogue and digital mode are just annoying because it covers up the channel logo most of the time, rendering channel recognition impossible and thus slowing down browsing a lot. This needs to be available to be removed by an option in display settings.

• Only 1 USB slot. I know this can't be upgraded but it limits freedom of using multiple external storages.

I saw that many of the users and staff recommend "Serviio" as an alternative solution for media playback but when I was purchasing my TV, I intentionally didn't get the one with a wireless connection because I felt I didn't have the need for it considering my only need is the playback via USB. So taking that into consideration, one might say I was pretty dissapointed that the playback was in fact very limited. As a last resort of comfort, I hoped that future firmware updates will solve this issue but since it's been almost 2 years since my purchase and nothing, not even 1% has been resolved, I rest my case and am seriously considering on switching to another brand.

0 REPLIES 0