Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XE7077 - the annoying info banner

profile.country.HR.title
kristijankatic
New

KD-49XE7077 - the annoying info banner

my laptop is connected to the tv via the hdmi cable. the annoying info banner that fills 1/4 of the screen pops up every now and then. i think its because when i switch between different apps or something but sometimes it just pops up randomly so i dont know. 

since there is absolutely nothing useful from this stupid thing to pop up all the time, i would like to disable it. i saw that a lot of people had this problem and they solved it by switching the info banner off in the channel setup. but unfortunately i dont have that option for some reason. my tv software is up to date.

how to solve this problem?IMG_20180915_172837.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristijan, I found this help article. You could try if the info on p32 of the manual applies for example. Otherwise I would advise you to contact Support via the contact form here

profile.country.HR.title
kristijankatic
New

Just got the message from support that it is not possible to turn off this stupid thing. I cant believe it. I have been having problems with this tv and the sony soundbar i got, from the beginning. Never managed to solve any problem. So dissapointing to pay more money and expect better quality and get piece of trash products. I am never buying sony products again, and will recommend to friends to avoid sony at all costs.

Try this registry tweak on your PC, it stops the audio device going into standby and triggering the banner on the TV

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/3-seconds-delay-to-play-sounds-through-headphone/td-p/6...

The example works for realtek and nvidia audio devices. It worked for my nvidia hdmi output, you'll have to customise what you do depending on what your laptop has inside it.