Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XE7073

julie15
New

KD-55XE7073

So dissapointed bought this tv in December from john lewis it started loosing apps by January it wouldn't connect to my wifi. I reset several times i've now got it on a wired connection to the router and i can still only watch basic tv no apps no freview nothing. It says the wired connection is ok but as soon as i click on the apps it states it can't connect. My pc and other lg tv work just fine with the wireless.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I'd recommend getting in touch with Support here for further help.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.IE.title
Foxy78
New

Hi Julie,

I have the same TV bought about the same time as you did. I start to think that I should have buy something else Samsung or LG. It's connected by wire to the home network but for some reason I can't access any of my PCs. I was trying everything, port forwarding changing or even disabling firewall etc. Try to use media server software and still nothing. I have all my devices listed in the menu but it can't access any of them.

Never had that problem with my 8 years old Samsung TV.

Preinstalled apps are useless except maybe Netflix and YouTube, can't add new ones or uninstall old ones, just no option for that. You can watch new apps trough opera tv but there is no option to add one. 

There is new firmware update available now and so what, my TV doesn’t see it. Automatic or trough USB still the same "no software update detected". Anyway I don't think that it would fix anything.

Let me know if how you get on with Sonny support, did they said anything interesting?

Thanks,

Foxy