Join now - be part of our community!

KDF-E50A11E Problem after Lamp Change

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
paullyie82
Explorer

KDF-E50A11E Problem after Lamp Change

Hi Folks,

Have a problem with my Sony Rear Projection KDF-E50A11E (hoping its not a serious one)

I replaced the lamp recently and this has been fine,

But since the lamp replacement - I have noticed the screen has been flickering intermittently

more noticeable around the edges and more with mid to bright colours or when there is a jump from dark to bright screens

I thought it was the iris settings but I tried all various options (High-Mid-Low-Off) and this made no difference.

some times it will be fine and there is no flicker even with the bright colours

I looked at the fan directly beside the lamp (rear of tv) and have notcied this was not running (could this be the problem should it be running all the time?)

Hope someone can shed some light on it.

Thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im wondering if this is all connected to your original problem?  What I mean is, your original lamp died far too quickly.  That fan is probably designed to dissipate heat away from the lamp.  Could this have caused the other lamp to burn out too quickly?  Could the flickering be over-heating?  To be honest, I dont know the answers to those questions or even whether the fan is supposed to be "always-on". 

You might want to consider speaking to an authorised Sony Repair Centre to see what they say or can do.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im wondering if this is all connected to your original problem?  What I mean is, your original lamp died far too quickly.  That fan is probably designed to dissipate heat away from the lamp.  Could this have caused the other lamp to burn out too quickly?  Could the flickering be over-heating?  To be honest, I dont know the answers to those questions or even whether the fan is supposed to be "always-on". 

You might want to consider speaking to an authorised Sony Repair Centre to see what they say or can do.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers.

profile.country.IE.title
paullyie82
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thank you for the reply,

I originally thought the fan was not working, but it is working fine so there is no over-heating

I was in touch with Sony Support, they advised I try a few steps to restore display settings and reset picture adjustment etc. I did this but to no avail.

Sony Support also advised to do a factory reset through system settings menu but my TV does not have this option on the Menu.

The flickering is more noticeable on bright colours - regardless of input (HD/Scart etc.)

I took a quick HD video of how it looks on screen

Hope this link appears ok - http://youtu.be/jXswqPg9DuM

You can see the flickering more so on the bottom left corner of the screen,

I've emailed sony support back for any further steps I can take,

but hoping someone here might an idea.

Thanks

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Looking at your video clip, I can see how annoying it would be.  Unfortunately, I do not have any suggestions to assist you.  Hopefully Sony support can come up with a resolution for you.

Good luck with everything.