Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

profile.country.en_GB.title
TV-less
Visitor

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

My KDL-32D3000 Bravia TV, manufactured in June 2007, has developed a screen fault. The screen is full of multi-coloured vertical lines. No picture is available.  Reading through other forums (avforum.com), this seems to be a common fault on this model from 2007. Rather disappointing for a TV which cost £700.

Can anyone advise of the cause of this fault?

Message was edited by: TV-less

Tags (3)
58 REPLIES 58
Manochang
Visitor

Sony are ignoring us - I was told that Sony were not aware of any fault - lies.

I have come across hundreds of people online with this same problem on this same model.

If any Moderators exist on this website - can you explain how you dare ignore us after we support you by buying your premium equipment?

How you cannot be aware of any problem despite us telling you again and again? On your own site?

I have always bought Sony and this is how we are treated?

Terrible

Tricky77
Visitor

Hi,

I purchased my X3500 in Feb 2008. December the same year I was experiencing the same problems which are being described.

I arranged through Sony for the set to be repaired using an approved repair centre, I was told that the panel had to be replaced.

After just 3 months  the SAME FAULT occured AGAIN.

I contacted Sony and explained the situation but as the warranty expired they were not able to help.

I felt robbed and cheated of the best part of £2500.

I was left with a TV which when switched on had picture distortion for approximately 15 minute. After a couple more months the set totally failed.

The Sony TV was left propped up against my hallway wall. Every time I walked past it my blood boiled, I got to the point that I needed to complain again to Sony to see if anything could be done. This time, I was told

that as I had a new panel fitted, it had a new 1 year warranty   As a result they agreed to replace the panel but i would have to pay for labour. I wish they were more up front initially as I had already purchased a new TV.

Sony needs to stand up and to take responsibility for their product quality. The evidence is clear that consumers have had identical problems with this set but Sony don't care. The product lines which are affected should be recalled, the fault should be identified and fixed. Until they do this I continue to have no faith in the Sony brand.

I will openly speak to any potential customers I see looking at a Sony TV and tell them to stay clear.

profile.country.pt_PT.title
redmosquito
Visitor

Hi

'till this date I had no problem with my kdl32d3000, and today it suddenly the same exact problem happened.

The whole screen is filled with multicolored stripes.

The model is from 5/2007 and I bought it november 2008. Of course the warranty is out of date and sony portugal wasn't much of a help.

I'm adding myself to this list.

Best regards

Tissotman
Visitor

Another here to add to the list I 'm afraid!!  Turned on TV this evening to find the coloured stripes, and having found this forum, am not overly trusting that Sony will fix it :slight_frown:

We only bought it in December 2008, and are pretty disgusted that a fault has developed so soon.  We bought Sony aboe many other brands as we thought it would be good quality, how wrong were we.

Need to check out what warranty we were offered at the time of purchase and see what can be done, but not holding our breath :slight_frown:

profile.country.es_ES.title
geox_10
Visitor

Mismo problema que todos vosotros, por lo visto, ya hay CIENTOS DE PERSONAS AFECTADAS y Sony España se lava las manos para variar...

He llegado aqui a traves de:

http://www.jongarcia.eu/no-me-vuelvo-a-comprar-una-tv-sony-en-la-vida-mi-historia-con-la-kdl32d3000-...

Alguien de Sony deberia de tomar nota del caso, pues van a perder MUCHOS compradores.

profile.country.es_ES.title
sergioag
Visitor

Yo también soy uno de los afectados por este problema.

Esta tarde mi Sony KDL-32D3000 ha sufrido el fenómeno de las líneas de colores verticales que impiden totalmente la visión.

La cosa es que yo también compré este modelo en 2007, sobre el mes de septiembre. Acabo de ver la fecha de fabricación es 06/2007.

Vaya decepción más grande me estoy llevando de Sony, no volveré a comprar otra tele de esta marca!!

El mensaje fue editado por: sergioag

brian024
Visitor

Same problem happened to me yesterday, full screen of coloured vertical lines permanently on my Sony

KDL-32D3000. Manufacture date 06/2007.

Are Sony going to take any action on this manufacturing / equipment fault?

Visitor

Exact same thing just happened to me Manufacture - July 07. I got it from John Lewis with 5 year warranty so hopefully it will get fixed no problem.

Sony should have really sorted this before now!

Not what i'd expect from one of their higher end tv's.

tvreport
Visitor

Same here.

Date of Manuf 10/2007, purchase Dec 2007.  Screen similar to printer test page, tv now no good, same as Sony in dealing with this fault, if cheap repair not possible then will switch to different manufacturer and wont bother with sony again.  Also have another same TV in house, when will it blow??

Message was edited by: tvreport

Message was edited by: tvreport

mattaps
Visitor

I too now have the same fault on my Sony TV of the same age and same model.

Judging by the amount of identical faults, CLEARY there is a major manufacturing problem with this TV.

I did not pay £800 for a TV to last 3.5 years. I will be phoning the retailer tomorrow and will take them to the Small Claims Court if necessary (legal responsibility lies with the retailer, not the manufacturer). I expect a battle, but I will not give in until it is repaired at their expense. The Sale of Goods Act is behind the consumer - remember this!