Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

profile.country.en_GB.title
TV-less
Visitor

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

My KDL-32D3000 Bravia TV, manufactured in June 2007, has developed a screen fault. The screen is full of multi-coloured vertical lines. No picture is available.  Reading through other forums (avforum.com), this seems to be a common fault on this model from 2007. Rather disappointing for a TV which cost £700.

Can anyone advise of the cause of this fault?

Message was edited by: TV-less

Tags (3)
58 REPLIES 58
Batfinkk

Well of course depends on your policy

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited out endorsement of illegal activities

Message was edited by: -Cass-

tmhansen
Visitor

Same problem here, KL32D3000, ser no 4039080 from 11/2007

Multicoloured vertical lines filling up most of the screen.

Called Sony, there is no general problem with this model they said!

Can you believe that this model won the best LCD tv EISA 2007 awards and then it turns out to have a generic fault which Sony will not own up to. My next tv will not be a Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
bluewonder7
New

I'm having the same problem with my Sony KDL32D3000. Vertical lines across the screens.

Sony is not cooperative at all. If they make a TV that last long, how will they make money? It has to break for us mugs to buy new ones.

Just boycott all their products. I bought a camera a few months ago only to realise that you cannot charge the battery unless the camera is plugged in the main as well. So if you have a spare battery, you need a separate charger kit (sold separately). As compared to the previous model which came with the charger kit. All you needed then was a spare battery. Sony devising all sorts of ways to rinse us big time.Money making scheme.  I have already written to Sony but no answer from them after a few months.  I'll never purchase a Sony product again and will advise my friend and family to do so as well. If Sony wants to contact me, they have my details as I'm a registered customer (which they won't) as I'm a small fish in a big pond.

IronzUK
Visitor

Same problem for me, started as of 3rd December 2012. Manufacturing date 06/2007, purchased September 2007. Image attached.

As I'm out of warranty, I'd like to know what Sony would suggest for what appears to be a common fault on their TVs made around this time, judging from here and other forums. Very disappointed in how long this has lasted for a £700, purchase and if it results in needing a replacement as I expect, I'll be considering other brands.

niadh1974
Visitor

This is too much to be merely coincidence.

My TV started showing the same thing on 18th December 2012.

manufacture date is 06/2007. serial nuumber 4008290

I bought it around July/August 2007

I already had it repaired 3 years ago when 2 boards went bang.

Considering that I have had a number of Sony products over the years (walkmans (15 years), DVD (12 years), Blu Ray (1 year) , MP3 (NW-A3000 8 years and counting) i don't expect to have any problems with the items that I pay more than the competition for.

So the question is. What are you going to do about this Sony???

Message was edited by: niadh1974

oraclesp
Visitor

Mine has just gone too. If this isn't a fault it looks like Sony are saying their AV kit has a working life of 5 years, which is pretty much what they said when my Hard Disk recorder developed a terminal HD faut after 3 years.

Maybe they ought to mention that in their Sales literature. :angry:

slipperyjimski
Explorer

I have the same fault on a 32 inch Sony manufactured in november 2007. Has anyone had any luck with getting a positive response from Sony?

dcresswell
Explorer

Seems like mine lasted 3 years longer than most but it is still annoying from what has been a very reliable TV up to now.

I would still think it should be repairable.

niknigh54
New

OK mine has now developed the same fault but this one was manufactured in January 2008, end of life cycle? Shame good TV but we have only had two TV's in over twenty years, the previous Toshiba was a big unit but served for fourteen years and was passed on to a student who as far as I am aware is still using it. I am now looking for a TV solution that is NOT manufactured in the Far East due to my frustration with the so called fisherman at Taiji.