Join now - be part of our community!

kdl-32ex403 and facebook in the UK

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Quintec
New

kdl-32ex403 and facebook in the UK

Hi, does anyone know if the kdl-32ex403 will get the facebook and twitter widgets?

Thx, to all that answer..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

I'm afraid it is a technological reason why they aren't on the other models. The LX and NX feature a different chipset as the Yahoo widget engine requires a fair bit of heavy lifting. So unfortunately other models won't be getting the widgets but will of course benefit from new video services as and when they launch. Indeed the next one launches at the beginning of next month.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi Quintec, thanks for your question.

The Facebook and Twitter widgets are only available on the NX and LX network experience models  (those with a prefix of KDL**NX***  and KDL**LX**)  See links below for more details.

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/bravia-lcd-televisions/3/1?cpint=HubTV01

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/bravia-lcd-televisions/3/2

Hope this helps

pachamp68
Visitor

Why aren't the widgets available for existing KDL models?

gorlatha
Visitor

Dear Sony,

please seriously consider making these widgets available to all.  There seems very little technological reason why these should not be available.  Surely the additional bells and whistles on the  higher spev TVs is enough to make them stand out and sell without needing to hold these widgets back.  Fingers crossed there will be some movement on this.  I have a KDL 503 which is not exactly a cheap model.  Looking forward to new widgets soon, hopefully!!!

cheers

G

Catmambo
Contributor

I'm afraid it is a technological reason why they aren't on the other models. The LX and NX feature a different chipset as the Yahoo widget engine requires a fair bit of heavy lifting. So unfortunately other models won't be getting the widgets but will of course benefit from new video services as and when they launch. Indeed the next one launches at the beginning of next month.

wintomato
Visitor

just to piggy back onto this question. Any indication if more "internet widgets" will become available. Loving youtube access and bbc and 5 iplayer, but anything else? all of the others seem quite USA oriented.

any other services other than picasa? flickr? I assume once they are available, the tv auto updates itself?

cheers