Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32R430B

SOLVED
tgcbrro
Explorer

KDL-32R430B

Hello everybody!

I recently got a 32r430 tv for my kitchen. Updated to the latest firmware version 8.115_v0.1.

The problem is this tv is incredible slow when accessing the digital guide. It takes up to 10 seconds to open the guide page and up to 10-11 seconds to change to the next digital programme screen (when pressing the green button). It's quite an adventure to try and manually sort the channels. It took me about 4 hours to arrange them the way i wanted and after few days, the tv forgot the list and restored to factory default. Never tried to sort them again. I also own another 2 sony tv models (42ex520 and 26ex320) and both work flawlessly.

If anyone has a similar problem, please let me know. Maybe Sony will get this message and do something about this firmware (if that's the problem).

Have a nice day!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tgcbrro
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I solved the problem by changing the TV with another brand. One thing is sure: I will never buy Sony products again.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tgcbrro
Explorer

the other models are 40ex720 and 26ex320. sorry about that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

After updating the TVs firmware, if you experience issues, many times it is resolved by doing a full factory reset of the TV itself.  This can clear any 'gremlins'.  I would advise doing that anyhow and see how it goes.

Cheers

tgcbrro
Explorer

I did that. Several times. It seems to me that there can be 2 reasons for this problem: one being the processing speed and/or memory size and two, the firmware is buggy. Very unfortunate for a Sony product. I hope that Sony will search into it, because it's very frustrating. Thanks anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think it might be best for you to contact Sony Support for your issue.  Unfortunately I dont think this forum can help you to be honest, as there are no settings that I can suggest that you 'tweak' that would help.

See:

https://shop.sony.eu/shop/mimes/openAccess/legal/contact-us/contact_en_GB.html

Cheers

tgcbrro
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I solved the problem by changing the TV with another brand. One thing is sure: I will never buy Sony products again.

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome - Its just unfortunate that I couldnt help you.  However as you are the person paying the money, your the one that needs to be happy :slight_smile:

Good luck with your new TV.

Cheers