Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 32V4000 HELP

addz0009
New

KDL 32V4000 HELP

Hi All,

My kdl 32V4000 was working great until yesterday. It is now showing all channels in the guide but when i change channel it says channel not tuned. I can now only watch one channel.

I have checked all connections and cable and even the aerial. I have done a signal test and it reads high. I am baffled. Tried to retune the tv but it found no channels so i stopped it before i lost all the channels. 

Does anyone have any ideas....???

Thanks

Adam,

3 REPLIES 3
titchm
New

Hi,

We are having the same problem. Sometime on Saturday 20th July we lost a number of channels.  I did a complete digital retune and only 80 channels were found. I then unplugged the aerial and power lead for a while in case there was a memory problem, retuned but still only 80 channels were found.

Reading the BBC website there have been issues with owners of Sony DVD recorders wiping Freeview channels due to a firmwear update, but it seems the problem is not just with DVD recorder owners as I don't have a recorder but do have the Sony KDL32V4000.

profile.country.en_GB.title
cyprusbob
New

My tv started to do that, now I can only watch it through my Sony home
Cinema system. The tv won't play on its own I cannot access the freeview system.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyprusbob wrote:
My tv started to do that, now I can only watch it through my Sony home
Cinema system. The tv won't play on its own I cannot access the freeview system.

Hi there

Are you able to provide more information on what is happening or not happening, as Im not too clear.  If you are not getting freeview channels, have you tried re-tuning them?

Cheers.