Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W653A Bravia Sync question.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
PowerLee

KDL-32W653A Bravia Sync question.

Hi

I have a KDL-32W653A tv & have a question about Bravia sync.

The tv has 2 HDMI ports, I currently have a cable tv box connected to the 1st HDMI port & im thinking about adding a Sony blu ray player ( BDP-S4100 ) to the 2nd HDMI port.

I understand that the Bravia sync on the tv can control this blu ray player via the HDMI lead.

I possibly may in the future want to add on a Sony sound bar or home cinerma speaker system on, can this also be controlled by Bravia sync seeing as I will no longer have any HDMI ports on either Sony equipment spare?

Does Sony Bravia sync equipment only work over a HDMI lead?

Thanks

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Bravia Sync only works over the HDMI connection.  The term Bravia Sync is Sony's word for the more generic "HDMI CEC"  Other brands call it differently.

Some of Sony's Soundbars have further HDMI inputs, which you can connect other HDMI devices to it.  Soundbars such as the newest HT-XT1 or HT-CT370 and others.

The soundbar would need to be connected to HDMI 1 which supports the Audio Return Channel functions.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Bravia Sync only works over the HDMI connection.  The term Bravia Sync is Sony's word for the more generic "HDMI CEC"  Other brands call it differently.

Some of Sony's Soundbars have further HDMI inputs, which you can connect other HDMI devices to it.  Soundbars such as the newest HT-XT1 or HT-CT370 and others.

The soundbar would need to be connected to HDMI 1 which supports the Audio Return Channel functions.

Hope that helps

profile.country.GB.title
PowerLee

Thanks for that, when I look for a sound bar ill make sure to get one with enough HDMI ports as needed.