Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W653A to HT-CT60 sync

SOLVED
CaptainRizla
Explorer

KDL-32W653A to HT-CT60 sync

Hi,

I have the above 2 items connected together with an optical cable but I cannot find any options to allow me to control the sound bar volume with the tv remote.

Bravia Sync will not discover the sound bar.

Does anyone have any information about linking these 2 devices together so that I don't have to use the tiny sound bar remote to control the volume?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you are stuck with using the small remote that comes with the soundbar.  Bravia Sync will only work with connections via HDMI (ie Control for HDMI).  This soundbar does not support HDMI connections.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you are stuck with using the small remote that comes with the soundbar.  Bravia Sync will only work with connections via HDMI (ie Control for HDMI).  This soundbar does not support HDMI connections.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Cheers

CaptainRizla
Explorer

Not a problem. I've spent some time searching the net and you've confirmed my suspicions.

Cheers

CaptainRizla
Explorer

Actually, would it be possible to purchase a Sony Universal Remote to control both devices?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not aware that Sony do Universal Remote control any longer - my advice is to call their sales line. 

If not, a good place to start on a uni remote, is the Logitech Harmony range of remotes.  Have a check on their site : HERE

Goto compatibility, and search for your devices.

Cheers