Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX703 iPlayer no contents

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
james.tv
Explorer

KDL-40EX703 iPlayer no contents

For the last couple of weeks I am getting the message "This content does not seem to be working. Please try later" on the BBC iPlayer after between one second and ten minutes of watching any program. My ISP (TalkTalk) says my connection is fine running at 13,000Kbps.

a) Anyone else having this problem

b) Anyone know the exact meaning of this message.

The TV is wired and I have tried a second router on my connection but it made no difference.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any customised proxy settings, either on your TV or on your Router?

One other thing, can you just double-check that your IP address is actually located in UK.  See: http://www.iplocation.net/

Thats the only thing left that I can think of.

PS: Im also on TalkTalk with a NX723 tv, and it works fine.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At this moment, iPlayer is working with no mass reporting of issues.  Is this error message happening on all content on the iPlayer?  Does iPlayer work on your computer/laptop?

I guess we need to do the usual steps first on this:

• Ensure that your TV's firmware is up to date.  See HERE
  • Perform a factory reset of your TV

Start with that first, and see how it goes.

Cheers

james.tv
Explorer

I can confirm I am running PKG4.117EUL-0108 and I did a factory reset last night.

Unfortunately this has not resolved the error.

Catmambo
Contributor

Are other services like Demand 5 working ok?

james.tv
Explorer

Demand 5 seems to be working fine at the moment. Do you know the exact meaning of the error "This content does not seem to be working. Please try later" as I have not seen this is the three+ years I have been happily using this service.
james.tv
Explorer

Spoke to soon this is now stuck on "Loading Please wait..." after an advert video.

As you might guess I do not use Demand 5 much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try doing a few speedtests please?

http://www.speedtest.net/

Cheers

james.tv
Explorer

Here is the speed test http://www.speedtest.net/result/3315398488.png

Sorry I thought I had some more results on speedtest.net but my laptop has removed the cookies (and therefore the results)

And other router stats:

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)5.9 dB / 12.1 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)30.5 dB / 14.7 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 12.6 dBm
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The Stats there look fine.  From those you should be approx 2.5km from your exchange.

Problem: Intermittent network/internet connection issues from TV

History so far:

• TV is wired via Ethernet
  • Have latest firmware installed
  • Performed factory reset
  • Adequate internet speed and line stats
  • Replaced router with no effect
  • No mass reportings of issues on TalkTalk or Sony

---------------------------------

It doesnt leave much room here for other options - as most troubleshooting has been done.

What is the condition of the ethernet cable connecting to the TV?  Is it in good or poor condition.  If poor, replace it?  Can you try another LAN port on the router?

When iPlayer cuts out on the TV, do you notice any other dropouts in regards to your internet connection?  As in, are the LED lights on the router displayed correctly? 

Can you try playing a program on iPlayer and also browse the net (on PC/Laptop or other device) at the same time - When it drops out on the TV, does it also drop on on the PC/Laptop etc?

Also at the point of dropping out on iPlayer, can you monitor your router stats, especially the noise margin to see if that drops.

As you can see here, Im going on a theory of intimettent drop-outs

Cheers

james.tv
Explorer

Thanks for your time on this.

Yes you have got the history correct, I have not spotted anything else dropping at the same time as the TV. I looked on the router and can not see anything. Last night I did change my SNR to 11db but this did not seem to make too much difference. This was the speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/result/3315831308.png

My plan today is to borrow a different ethernet cable from work and see if this make a difference.