Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX723 - 3D TV - Sound Problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
paul_b_glasgow
Visitor

KDL-40EX723 - 3D TV - Sound Problems

Just bought this 3D TV. Not yet connected a blu-ray player, but will soon.

However, before buying, I read various reviews & forums and to be fair they DID WARN readers that the sound was poor....but being a sony, (& a long standing customer) i thought i will continue to support the brand!

In short, i think its a very good 3D tv, let down extremely badly by the sound quality. The sound is lifeless & bland & there is a certain dull resonance, a bad vibration that comes in sometimes, and tho settings have been 'improved' to bass up the sound, its a long way short of the (older) 32" LG I regularly watch. This Sony is VERY DISAPPOINTING for a NEW 3D TV. Why should i spend more on sound bars or surround sound speakers trying to improve the sound? It should be good enough out of the box, which it isnt!

Sometimes I wish I had bought my alternative choice, the Samsung!

Why I hear you ask? Because I also have a Sony Vaio, a brand new laptop (not cheap either) and guess what?? The sound on this too, is not just terrible, it is absolutely dreadful!!

So SONY, on both counts i cannot recommend anyone buying either of these products because of the very poor quality of sound. How did you let these products get to market??

0 REPLIES 0