Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40HX723 switch back to previuous

profile.country.fi_FI.title
juuso_k
New

KDL-40HX723 switch back to previuous

This sounds simple but I cannot figure out how to switch back to previously watched TV channel. My remote is RM-EDO44.

The "Return" button has also a text "back" but it does not work.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As simple as it sounds but..... Unfortunately it cannot be done.  There is no single button solution to switching back to previous channel.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
pauljonathan1

You'll probably find that the TV will do this if you use a remote that has the correct button.

Unfortunately, the RM-ED044 does not produce the "Previous channel" SIRCS code.

My KDL-40EX723 TV works with the "Recall" button on a RMVLZ620 remote programmed with Sony codes. This is a programmable remote similar to a One-for-all type. Generally, most Sony TVs will implement the function, even if the supplied remote does not produce the code.

I made a  suggestion to Sony that it would be a very nice feature to have a "Previous channel" key on the RM-ED044 remote.
This could be achieved in the TV software by giving us an option in the menus to remap the "Audio" key function on the remote (small button next to the "PROG" buttons) to either function as it does currently (I never use it) or to perform the function of returning to the previously selected channel.

This would be extremely easy for them to implement, but I know they won't do it. That would be far too helpful!

juuso_k
New

I am using Logitech Harmony Ultimate.

It would be relatively easy to program if I only knew the sequence to produce that code.
juuso_k
New

Hi again

I have another remote, RM-EDO11 and it is working with my newer TV set
also. This remote has the PrevChanne button.

I programmed my Harmony Ultimate with the RM-EDO11 by teaching the code. It
working now.

Best regards

Juuso