Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40S4000 Really weird ghosting

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
SlowNail
Visitor

KDL-40S4000 Really weird ghosting

Hi, on my Bravia KDL-40S4000, I'm starting to get a ghost image of another channel scrolling horizontally across my screen. It sounds kinda' odd, but my digital input is on AV1 and while viewing, I see 'Programme 004' and 'This programme is not tuned' scrolling across, accompanied by faint vertical bars a couple of inches thick. It's very faint, but becomes very obvious during dark images. I've never used the 004 channel before. I've checked that my scart is correctly connected. The issue gives me a less than satisfying picture. I bought the tv from a friend and it is no longer within warranty. Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do to remedy the problem?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

in response to Slownail, have you tried a better quality scart lead it could be lack of shielding within the cable, do you have freeview aerial connected anywhere?, try re routing some of your cables behind the tv, yes i know you cant move them far but even re arranging them can make a difference.

RichardH754 a 2009 set is far from old so shouldent be doing it either i would suggest as above and or maybe even try a different input if you can.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RichardH754
Visitor

My KDL-40W4710 is doing the same!

It goes after a bit, I Guess its dying!

Its a 2009 set

SlowNail
Visitor

Mine doesn't go away, just ghosts a random channel under the image I'm watching. Really irritating.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

in response to Slownail, have you tried a better quality scart lead it could be lack of shielding within the cable, do you have freeview aerial connected anywhere?, try re routing some of your cables behind the tv, yes i know you cant move them far but even re arranging them can make a difference.

RichardH754 a 2009 set is far from old so shouldent be doing it either i would suggest as above and or maybe even try a different input if you can.

SlowNail
Visitor

Thanks Bravia. Was indeed a shoddy SCART. Haven't noticed any more ghosting in the few days since I swapped them, so thanks for helping me out.

SlowNail
Visitor

On another note, any ideas how to switch off the auto-dimming? Some searching suggests it's a problem with most SONYs. Can't find any solutions though. It drives me mad sometimes. Thanks again