Join now - be part of our community!

KDL 40V3000 another screen shadow issue!

profile.country.en_GB.title
wen-tom
Visitor

KDL 40V3000 another screen shadow issue!

After a few weeks of thinking this was dirt on the screen I decided to do some research and found that so many of you are having the same problem with this TV!

I have had mine for about 2 years (manufacture date 03/08) and noticed a shadowy line in the top right corner a few weeks ago. now there is another wavy shadowy line growing in the centre of the screen.

I contacted sony today and was told to send me Proof of purchase and estimate from a sony service centre to them for consideration of a good will gesture. I do not have my receipt and the nearest service centre is 3 hours drive! Come on Sony! Surely this isn't an acceptable answer.

I'll be off to Comet to see if they can dig out a copy of my bill and then will take this further.

Seems Sony reacted to the number of threads on this issue by locking them all so that no one else can post? Not sure how that helps anyone!

4 REPLIES 4
kingnezzer
Visitor

My 46v3000 also has these issues i am currently waiting for a reply from Sony after sending in my proof of purhcase and engineers report which states i need a new LCD panel.

UKFreerider
Visitor

Currently Being Moderated

Written on 13-Apr-2011 22:05

kdl-40v3000 bravia dark lines/shadows.

I too have the same TV and problem. I treated myself to the TV back on 31st December 2007 and the problems you've all described (worst when watching Football or Rudgby..... which lets face it most of us do!) have steadily got worse and I decided to call Domestic and General extended 4 year cover (1st year covered by Sony) and a chap came out, left a small temporary TV as a replacement whilst mine is looked at (insisted on this as its my only TV!) and a day later received a call to say they were writing the TV off as the part was no longer available!!

I'm now awaiting a letter from D&G that will detail what they can offer me.  I'm told that they should offer the equivalent replacement model but after reading all of your comments I'm very reluctant to go SONY again.  Like many of you I have had SONY products all of my life and been totally loyal to the brand as I've always had no problems with quality and swear by them......... not anymore.  The chap who took it away said this is a known problem with all LCD tv's as they simply cannot cope with the heat generated from the back.  I asked if there were any LCD TV's that did not suffer from this problem and he said NO!!!  but did say Panasonic provided the better customer service when problems occurred and confirmed SONY's quality and customer service had been declining for some time now.  The Japan earthquake is not going to help the issue I fear as they look to further cut their losses.....

I would be happy to sign-up to anything required to help those of us who will be left out of pocket.

eddmell
Visitor

Dear All

Screen problem with Sony KDL-40V3000

I have just noticed my Sony KDL-40V3000 has shadowing problems on the screen.  This tv was purchased back in 2008.

Does anyone know if Sony have accepted there is a problem with the V Series??

Has anyone progressed with Sony regarding this issue?

Photos will be posted shortly.

Ps the recall notice - my unit is humming where the power cable goes into the tv - is this a problem?

Thanks

Ed

Message was edited by: eddmell

Jay2203
Visitor

Got my reply from Sony - not interested!! They say they are not aware of any problem with this TV even though countless people on this forum have contacted them about it. There is another thread which has been locked where someone called Lee- a member of customer relations? I think - was going to follow the forum and report back to Sony - obviously he has not done this!

Sony say any repair will be chargeable. I have notice that most people with the problem purchased their sets end of 2007 and into 2008? Coincidence or what?