Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40V5810 cannot access the server

profile.country.en_GB.title
mikavan91
Visitor

KDL-40V5810 cannot access the server

Hi all, can someone help me please. i have the above model tv, connected to a wireless router via a standard ethernet cable. i have a couple of computers on the network which the tv can see. i also can access the files ie they are visible on the tv. when i click to open or play them though it takes a while loading then says cannot access the server. please check the server settings? i have done the server test in the setting and it says it works. can anyone help. thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Catmambo
Contributor

I'd check the version of firmware you are funning as there seesm to be an update from April this year. Also may depend on the kind of file you are opening as the TV's are VERY particular about file support. If you are browsing video files, then use a decent DLNA server like PS3 Media Server, Twonky or Mezzmo.

Thanks

mikavan91
Visitor

hi thanks for the reply. i have just checked and the tv is upto date. the files are just mp3 and jpg so its not an avi etc. i am a bit thick when it comes to the server/router side, infact i dont have a clue. what is the DNLA server? do you download it onto the tv or pc? thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

No worries - it can be a bit of a minefield :wink:

Very simply, this is a bit of software that sits on your PC, that allows the TV to see files stored on the PC. You tell the software what directories you want to share and then you can browse the files on your TV under the respective Pictures, Music, Videos sub directories.

Give Mezzmo or Serviio a go as people seem to get good results with these.

Thanks

mikavan91
Visitor

HI, i have downloaded serviio and its now working thanks. i have been trying to alter the router as i thought that was the issue? any ideas why the windows one isnt working?

Catmambo
Contributor

What Window Media Player? Its not very good at this kind of thing unfortunately.

thanks

gofrost

mezzmo best dlna server software i've come across these programs seem to need to be up and  running on pc and then contact via bravia/blu ray /ps3 twonky media is'nt that great wild media server seems okay but you have to buy a licence for each device you connect