Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W653 text not sharp and horizontal stripes

kobazik
Explorer

KDL-42W653 text not sharp and horizontal stripes

Hi, 

I just bought a brand new KDL-42W653 LED TV and I noticed that text on screen not always has sharp edges and showing horizontal stripes (on text only). I can really notice why watching adverts. My STB box output in 1080i . Is this normal because I watch TV in 1080i no 1080p ? Are there any settings in Picture Options I could try to imprrove it ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Do you get the following effect on text on screen:

Edit : Maybe a better image:

Deinterlace_vscroll_small.jpg

Also - Is there a reason why you are going through a STB?  Is it a freeview digital recorder?

Also, does this happen when you are not going through the STB?

Cheers

kobazik
Explorer

Hi,

Video and pictures are ok and don'tt look like yours with a car tyre. Text looks like on the second screenshot you attached. I'm using STB/PVR box not a freeview cause I have a foreign dish TV subscribtion. I haven't tried any blueray movie yet but I don't see any stripes while watching VOD or playing games on PS3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It appears that you are stuggling with de-interlacing from your STB.  To be honest, im not too sure how to correct this, but you may want to "play" or experiment with the various picture options this TV has.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13LW600112/EN/c_picscrn_europe_lk_lw_exceptpicmode.html

Pay particular attention with the noise reduction sections.  To get the correct settings, it may be trial and error basis, so it might be worthwhile writing things down, and adjust settings slowly.

Hope that helps.

kobazik
Explorer

Thanks for that. I have most of them on all everythign on high. I will try differet combinations.