Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W653A and Seagate GoFlex Home

SOLVED
MattKotsa
Explorer

KDL-42W653A and Seagate GoFlex Home

Hi there, 

I just got a KDL-42W653A and I connected it to my router via ethernet cable, the same way my GoFlex Home HDD is connected.

The TV detects the HDD but doesnt display all the folder and their contents. I can play the displayed files but a huge amount is missing.

Any ideas ?

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roughly how many files do you have:

• In that folder
  • and over-all

EDIT:

Just found what I was looking for:

"The accessible file or folder limit in a directory is 1,000 for USB and 30,000 for a server. This limit includes non-supported files or just folders. Files or folders are populated based on their timestamps. Photo, music files or folders exceeding the limit will not be displayed."  From : HERE

Does this apply to you?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If your files are not on the supported list : HERE  they either wont work, or wont display. 

Cheers

MattKotsa
Explorer

The files are ok, I copied some on a usb key to try and it works well. 

By example, one folder display only the first files/folders up to letter G and no more.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roughly how many files do you have:

• In that folder
  • and over-all

EDIT:

Just found what I was looking for:

"The accessible file or folder limit in a directory is 1,000 for USB and 30,000 for a server. This limit includes non-supported files or just folders. Files or folders are populated based on their timestamps. Photo, music files or folders exceeding the limit will not be displayed."  From : HERE

Does this apply to you?

MattKotsa
Explorer

That could be this!! Got a couple of folders that contains my pictures for years!! Need to move all the files I dont want to use on the TV then.

Thanks very much for your help. Ill confirm this soon I get home ! :wink:

Chen1982
New

I have the same problem with my sony bravia W9. I had the hard drive connected and working until the TV decided to update its self! :cry:

its so annoying as it used to work! i have seen the previous post about the number of files on the hard drive, i dont think i have that many on there, plus it used to work!

the firmware on the hard drive is up to date (that was the problem i had when initially setting it up).

any help much appreciated!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there Chen1982,

Can you please confirm the exact symptoms that you are experiencing.  I know that you said you have the exact same problem but sometimes it can be a different problem, as you have also said that its not working.  Can you please describe what does work, and what doesnt (ie, can you see the folders, can you see some files etc, can you play some files and not others, etc)

Cheers