Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W653A Startup Conflict With YouView Box

SCOOBS_465
Explorer

KDL-42W653A Startup Conflict With YouView Box

There seems to be some kind of Startup Conflict Between my Humax T1010 Youview box and my 42W653A TV it appears to be that if the TV is turned on first before youview is,then certain TV functions completely disappear which gets annoying.

When ever i go to press the home button it will not always launch the settings menu as seen in the image,the only way you can get there when this happens, is to launch the apps screen first,then press the home button will it then take you to the settings seen bellow.

How ever if i simply turn off and turn back on the TV i will have no problem accessing this screen straight from the home button and this also affects getting the options menu as well.

WP_000140.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
pennbank

Perhaps you should set it up so that you turn on your youview box which will then automatically switch on your TV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What happens when TV and YouView Box is on and then Return fully to TV.  Does pressing the home button then show all options?

Cheers

SCOOBS_465
Explorer

Hi, yes the TV will automatically come on if Youview is switched on first, But because i normally power off the TV with the Youview remote most of time before i go bed or what ever, it's the first thing that gets switched back on with out thinking, this is when it starts to get annoying.

SCOOBS_465
Explorer

When it Does give you access to the settings via the home button and options, there are no issues with it what so ever.