Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W654 restarting itself

SOLVED
earlyapex
Explorer

KDL-42W654 restarting itself

Hello

my tv, a 42 inch W654A which is a few months old is randomly rebooting itself. 

It happened just now about 3 minutes after the tv was turned on. It switched off without warning and then switched back on by itself a few seconds later.

I don't have the tv connected to the internet, wirelessly or wired. The remote was facing away from the tv at the time. This has happened numerous times.

I did not update the firmware from the factory revision I received. Is there a fix for this problem in the firmware release so far or will you include a fix in a future firmware release?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I suggest that you update the firmware to the latest (you can use a USB drive instead of connecting it to the internet).  After that perform a factory reset of the TV, to clear out any "gremlins" as such. 

Sometimes a TV will "crash", just like a computer and reboot itself.  However, this should be few and far between, so if its happening often, it may indicate a problem.

Cheers

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-42W654A/updates

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I suggest that you update the firmware to the latest (you can use a USB drive instead of connecting it to the internet).  After that perform a factory reset of the TV, to clear out any "gremlins" as such. 

Sometimes a TV will "crash", just like a computer and reboot itself.  However, this should be few and far between, so if its happening often, it may indicate a problem.

Cheers

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-42W654A/updates

aniebe
New

for the 2nd time, sira na naman AGAD ULIT and TV namin. Yung una 32" LCD screen monitor, nagputukan na akala mo nasusunog. Ngayon naman on and off ang power hanggang maging red na ang ilaw ng sensor at di na gumana. Ano po problema ng product nyo? Ang mahal kaya para sa ganitong produkto na 1 to 2 years pa lang na nagagamit e sira na agad! Since kung ilang taon na pinag-ipunan ang pambili nito...