Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-42W815B Recording

SOLVED

KDL-42W815B Recording

Couple of Questions to throw out there..

Is it possible to Record a programe and watch another one at the same time?

Can you set a reminder on another channel whilst overlapping a recording on another channel?

Cheers

Guys

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To record 1 program whilst watching another, you would need twin tuners.  Having said that, it might be possible to do so, if the two channels are on the same multiplex (mux)  - however, i have not tried this on the TVs and may work different to that of my HDD recorder.

For a list of multiplexes and channels, see : HERE

If you have a satelite connection as well as freeview, you might be able to do so too. 

Cheers

View solution in original post

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately not, you cannot switch channels on Sony TV's (at least on 2013 lineup) even on the same MUX.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To record 1 program whilst watching another, you would need twin tuners.  Having said that, it might be possible to do so, if the two channels are on the same multiplex (mux)  - however, i have not tried this on the TVs and may work different to that of my HDD recorder.

For a list of multiplexes and channels, see : HERE

If you have a satelite connection as well as freeview, you might be able to do so too. 

Cheers

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately not, you cannot switch channels on Sony TV's (at least on 2013 lineup) even on the same MUX.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Rooob !!!!

I can on my SVR-HDT500b - but wasnt sure on the TVs.

Thanks for your reply, I guess I will be switching back to my freeview pvr, such a same, Fantastic picture but no functionality :slight_frown: